Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lack of clarity and transparency from companies, normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of clarity and transparency from companies, normal?

Hello all,

As an aspiring engine cadet, the process of applying and gaining interviews so far has been fairly simple. The companies have been great with any info I need from them.

However, with the 2 companies who have offered me a place (won't say which as i know they both follow this board...) they won't send me the T&C's of the training agreement until I send a letter confirming my acceptance. I find this a bit baffling as I want to know what i'm signing up for and to see any clauses they have.

Anyone else think this is a bit odd?

Any help is much appreciated!

Anywhere I've worked, you've had to accept the position first before being sent the terms and conditions of my contract. Seems normal to me! I had to accept my cadetship first too before being sent a copy of the sponsorship agreement. (:
    "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Seems very odd accepting without knowing the full terms of the contract. With the risk of there being tie-in clauses for examples or anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by moose View Post
        Seems very odd accepting without knowing the full terms of the contract. With the risk of there being tie-in clauses for examples or anything else.
        To be fair, you haven't really accepted the job until you send them a signed sponsorship agreement. You'll receive the T&Cs with your contract, then it's up to you to decide whether you want to sign the contract.
        "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Originally posted by effiestephy View Post
          To be fair, you haven't really accepted the job until you send them a signed sponsorship agreement. You'll receive the T&Cs with your contract, then it's up to you to decide whether you want to sign the contract.
          True I suppose! Was just wondering if this was the norm, as my current employer had set out all the T&C's before I signed the dotted line! Thank you for your help!

Comment

I had 4 offers this year, acceoted them all and actually signed the learning agreement with clyde before i declined them and two others, its not tying when u say yes

Comment

Working...
            X