AIB Planning Exercises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIB Planning Exercises

I have been doing the practice planning exercises for the AIB and wondered if your allowed to use a calculator to work out the times and things or if you just have to do it mentally thanks

Nope no calculator - all very fast and furious; you will love it.......

Comment

No calculators are allowed

Comment

thanks how long do you have to do all the planning, i can do the calculations mentally but obviously it takes more time

Comment

Not long. You have a look through the brief, formulate a plan. You then get asked loads of questions about the situation i.e. names, locations and then speed/distance time etc. If the person next to you gets it wrong they ask the same question to another member of your board, it is very very fast.

Comment

ah ok so you dont have to plan the whole thing by yourself, you work together to calculate everything and they then ask about it

Comment

Yeak kind of - go on to http://www.navy-net.co.uk/forum.php

Loads of AIB prep stuff and a whole section on the RFA :-)

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Just use Google Glasses. They will never tell.

Comment

I know I'm parroting IFHP here but the planning exercise is fast and furious. The intensity of it caught me off guard when I did mine in 2008 and I would hate for someone else to be similarly caught out!

Definitely no calculators. While you do get time to plan in a group you will also be asked questions individually. Therefore I would highly recommend that you practice speed/distance/time calculations as you will be expected to perform these quickly and accurately. Also for the planning exercise itself I would also suggest paying attention to every question your AIB asks even if it is not directed at you because if the person they did ask it to gets it wrong they will ask each member of your board until someone answers it. Asking them to repeat the question will not impress them but showing that you are alert and perceptive will!

Despite the Royal Navy's best efforts I had a great time during my AIB! Being told I passed is a moment I will treasure for all time.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X