Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine Interview 1st May

Hi everyone,

My name is Katie and am hoping to go to Fleetwood Nautical College in September. I am fairly new to this site. I am through to interview stages with Clyde Marine at Fleetwood on 1st May and was just wondering if any other people are heading there on that day? If so what do you want to do (engine, deck) and good luck to you all

Thanks,

Bagletella (Katie)

Katie,

First of all welcome,

Secondly good luck with the interview. Remember the people who interview you already think you are the right person for them, that is why they invited you to an interview. Your job on the day is not to screw that up. They are human, just like you. It may help to think of the person opposite you sitting on a toilet naked reading a newspaper! Not a nice thought maybe, but what it does it helps you to gain perspective - we are all human.

Thirdly there are lots of threads which contain information about interviews and questions - go read them.

Finally - avoid Guinnessman - he is not human!

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Hi Ian,

Thank you for replying, I will read the posts on here.

Thanks again,

Katie

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
        Finally - avoid Guinnessman - he is not human!
        Said by the chap who has a fetish for the inside leg measurement's for the aspiring cadets!
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
          Said by the chap who has a fetish for the inside leg measurement's for the aspiring cadets!
          Everyone needs a hobby....

Comment

Originally posted by laura View Post
            Everyone needs a hobby....
            Indeed. What's yours?
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Swearing, rum and tattoos of course... less effort than trying to get up the inside leg of a cadet, but equally painful the morning after.

Comment

Working...
              X