Cruise or Cargo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise or Cargo?

Im from Asia, and im doing fine as a 3rd officer on container ships. but recently i got this idea to change over to RO/RO or to a cruise ship. what're the pre-requirements to join a cruise ship as a 3rd mate? i herd about crowd control or crisis management. but have no idea what to do before i start applying for a company. any help folks?

It's very dependant where in Asia you are from, most major cruise lines have approved recruitment agencies in the countries that they employ Officers from. You'd need to get in touch with a local agency who can advise you.

Comment

Im from Sri Lanka. as far as i know, there're no such agencies down here. i think better change my idea.

Comment

I dont know about Sri Lanka, but I am aware of Indian Officers working on the cruise lines, including the majors. But again, I'm pretty sure they were recruited through local agencies initially.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMariner View Post
          I dont know about Sri Lanka, but I am aware of Indian Officers working on the cruise lines, including the majors. But again, I'm pretty sure they were recruited through local agencies initially.
          Aye, most crews outside of Europe and America tend to be recruited through crew/manning agencies.

I can't remember the names of any Sri Lankan ones, but I know they exist because they somehow got ahold of my mobile number at my previous company and never stopped bloody calling me....
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

It may be worth contacting the cruise lines directly, you should be able to find personnel department contact e-mail addresses on-line and asking them for local contact details. As for Crowd control and crisis management, most of the cruise companies do this in house.
            Go out, do stuff

Comment

thats gr8. i'll try contacting them directly. many thaks for the quick replies folks.

Comment

Originally posted by champion View Post
                thats gr8. i'll try contacting them directly. many thaks for the quick replies folks.
                No problems. Hope you stick around to enjoy the chit-chat, banter and general piss taking that goes on around here...
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                X