Carnival UK - Interview Day Maths Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival UK - Interview Day Maths Test

I've got an interview with Carnival UK (after sending in about 3 applications to get a reply!) and I am looking forward to it apart from the maths test obviously! I haven't done any maths since November and I've been going over it recently an was just wondering is there much to worry about?

If you are an A level Maths student or a high grade GCSE then you should have no problems at all. If Harmless Weasel can pass it - anyone can!

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

I've got a interview too; just revise the stuff they give you, That is what I've being doing anyway. I take it the exam is both calculator and non calculator?

Comment

Hey jake

Just wondering when and whereabouts is it? And did you send three applications for the one intake or was it over a period of time?

Comment

The application thing wasn't their fault, it was just one of those things. They have been brilliant with me so far and i feel very fortunate to get an interview. I was most impressed with them at the Open day at Fleetwood. I just want to make the most of it. Boydie are you talking about the bite size maths website they gave us ? Jordo my interview is on 10th Apr in Southanmpton.

Comment

Yeah the bite size maths stuff, I don't know how much you have looked into it but it does have mock exam's which I've been going through. Most of the maths in it has only been a good reminder for me on how to solve the problems. But since I did the Scottish equivalent of a GCSE Higher maths exam ( Intermediate 2 ). Their are somethings I have never done which is in a GCSE Higher paper and not the Int 2 paper, stuff like Variation, cyclic quadrilaterals and tree diagrams, things I've never learned at school, so I'm revising stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
              If you are an A level Maths student or a high grade GCSE then you should have no problems at all. If Harmless Weasel can pass it - anyone can!

Ian
              I had a quick bash at the CMT one online and to be honest, if anyone can fail that then they really shouldn't be allowed out on their own....
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                I had a quick bash at the CMT one online and to be honest, if anyone can fail that then they really shouldn't be allowed out on their own....
                I'm sure you know that some cadets CMT allow into the program really shouldn't be allowed in.
                "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
                the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
                the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
                or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
                start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

Originally posted by jcwilson91 View Post
                  I'm sure you know that some cadets CMT allow into the program really shouldn't be allowed in.
                  I know. They allowed me in....

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                    You failed it, didn't you?

Ian
                    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
                      You failed it, didn't you?

Ian
                      No, I passed this one. We didn't have it when I joined...

Comment

Working...
                      X