Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I am wondering will I pass the ENG 1 medical if I have Irritable bowel syndrome I'm on medication colofac. It doesent effect my ability to work

Comment

Originally posted by bobbybrown View Post
      Hello I am wondering will I pass the ENG 1 medical if I have Irritable bowel syndrome I'm on medication colofac. It doesent effect my ability to work

You'll be fine unless your IBS is affecting your ability to do normal things and you haven't had any operations - mebeverine/colofac won't flag up as a problem.
      “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Does anyone know if the date being wrong on the hearing test section of the ENG1 will lead to any problems? My latest one has the date of the previous one which was obviously a mistake by the DR, I’ve been attempting to contact them but they’ve been busy every time I’ve called.
        Im currently waiting to go on my first qualified trip and would be a bit annoyed if I had to turn it down while I get this changed.

Comment

Originally posted by alex4twenty View Post
          Does anyone know if the date being wrong on the hearing test section of the ENG1 will lead to any problems? My latest one has the date of the previous one which was obviously a mistake by the DR, I’ve been attempting to contact them but they’ve been busy every time I’ve called.
          Im currently waiting to go on my first qualified trip and would be a bit annoyed if I had to turn it down while I get this changed.
          You do not normally have the full hearing test each time you attend for the ENG-1, it's normal for the date to be the old one (or several years prior).
          “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
          myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

I've only had one hearing test, and I'm now on my third medical. Some doctors will test you every time, some will do it the first time you see them and never again, it various from person to person.
            Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!!
              Just to be clear the full hearing test is the headphones and computer job? and the cupping the ear and whispering that was carried out most rececently on me was just a quick check up?

Comment

Working...
              X