Eng 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eng 1

I know there are a few on here who may have been in the same boat as me (pardon the pun). Anyway, here goes. So tomorrow I will find out if I have passed my ENG 1 without or with any restrictions. The reason being is because I failed the Isihiarra test. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me which training organisations or companies, do not take on Engine cadets who have a restriction on their ENG 1 due to them suffering from colour deficiency.

Cheers.
    C

MacNeil,

Please have a read of this thread. It quite clearly shows you the next steps and the implications of each step:

http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...ll=1#post55820

Hope this helps.

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Whoops, sorry didn't see the engineering part. You need to do the D15 colour vision test at an optician.
      Linkedin

Comment

Thanks. I should of said, I did the City University test and I'm waiting to hear the results from that tomorrow. Then I'll know what my ENG 1 says.
        C

Comment

If you fail it, you will get a restricted ENG1, with wording like 'not fit to use colour coded cables or equipment' and not fit for lookout. It sucks, but I don't think you will find a company who will take you on without an unrestricted ENG1.
          Linkedin

Comment

I have just did a bit of browsing, and I have found that there's a user, Stronglead who has a 'colour coded restriction' and Maersk didn't see a problem.
            C

Comment

Go for it, I've never heard of it before, but if they don't see an issue then it doesn't hurt to apply.
              Linkedin

Comment

Unfortunately, couldn't apply to them for this year's intake as they closed their applications early due to 900 applications or so. But there's always next year.
                C

Comment

*in the event I'm rejected from the current companies that I've applied to!
                  C

Comment

Yeh just did some searching, I only ever look at things applying to deck really (where colour blindness is game over really), but just read stronglead's posts about it. Doesn't seem to be that much of a bar to your job, so just be honest and apply to as many as possible, someone will probably take you hopefully!
                    Linkedin

Comment

There isn't big problem for engi being partially color blind, there are no indicator led's that light in different colors and everything is labeled , just the adaptation would be harder like tracing pipes
                      Motorman

Comment

Working...
                      X