Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The frustrations of the application process and the fun of phase 1 - A blog by Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The frustrations of the application process and the fun of phase 1 - A blog by Fox

One of our members has been hiding her light under a bushel! I have just found the excellent blog written by our very own Fox. Starting right at the beginning of the application process in Sept 2011, she charts the highs and lows of the application and interview process, including being given a place and then having it taken away! Her most recent posts are about her experiences in phase 1. An invaluable insight into what potential cadets might face in their journey to getting that cadetship and what to expect when they get there. I'm looking forward to reading about how she gets on during her next phase and beyond!

We will get it onto our blog list, but meanwhile the link is here: http://foxatsea.wordpress.com/

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

really interesting insight i hope she keeps it up, look forward to the next installment!

Comment

Brilliant, thank you so much for putting this up - looking forward to reading more!
      A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor

Comment

What an excellent resource.

Comment

I just wanted to congratulate Fox on her blog (again), it is a pleasure to read, has stunning pictures, and has some truly excellent advice and observations, I wish I'd written it!

I would particularly recommend her most recent couple of posts: Some words of information and advice is a repost from a chief mate on a cargo ship, and is a great place to start for anyone wanting to know what life onboard consists of, first as a cadet, and then 3rd, 2nd and C/O and this one about the dreaded Work Based Learning, which brought back memories I'd tried to suppress! (Particularly good for Fleetwood FD cadets).

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Looks really good have had a brief read, But cant wait to read it properly to give me a proper insight !

Comment

I read it last night/early hours when I really should have been asleep :P. Very interesting read though, even more interesting as I too shall be going to fleetwood in Sept
              Dont just dream, Go and do it!!

Comment

This is amazing!
                Superyacht OOW
                SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Working...
                X