Clyde Marine Online Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine Online Test

I know this is a bit of an odd question, but can anyone give me a vague idea of what the CMT online test involves?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm well aware that the last time I did any serious maths was over 4 years ago when I was at secondary school. I'm currently in the process of finding a private maths tutor so that I can brush-up my skills and refresh (or even re-learn) the maths I haven't used. I want to apply for CMT as soon as possible so that I get 'on the system', but I don't want my application blocked because I fall at the first hurdle.

Bit of a long-shot I know as I'm sure people don't want to give away anything, but if you don't ask you don't get!

Hi Rootsea,

are you referring to this?

http://clydemarine.thetestfactory.com/

(Quick tip...make another email account and give it a go! You wont be blocked mate, trust me)

Ed
    Saltydog

Comment

If that's what you're referring to then don't worry. It's barely GCSE level maths. There are a few logic and word based questions (verbal reasoning stuff I think). It's an all round test that looks at your logic and intitiative as well. Just give it a go, and like saltydog says, make a few email accounts if it takes more than one go.

Comment

Yeah that is the test I meant. I've done as suggested. Had no issues at all, got a pass. What is the betting I'll fail it now when I use my actual e-mail

Comment

Ive just done the test and honestly, if you fail that I will slap you! My god, even a deckie could pass it!
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Mongish double posting...

Comment

Even a deckie? 0.o

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                Ive just done the test and honestly, if you fail that I will slap you! My god, even a deckie could pass it!
                Oiiii! I resemble that remark!

Bloody cheek.
                "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBjerke View Post
                  Even a deckie? 0.o
                  Well we'd have to teach you to use a pen first. CMT don't accept applications in crayon...

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                    Well we'd have to teach you to use a pen first. CMT don't accept applications in crayon...
                    It's ok, touch screens work just fine with crayon

Comment

Working...
                    X