Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online testing for Maersk

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Online testing for Maersk

    Hey!

    Like many others (I hope) I received my email from maersk letting me know I have passed through the noose of the first stage of selection! Super chuffed about that. Apparently we have to complete two tests online by the end of next week. One of which is a psychometric (Personality) test and the other a Maths at Sea test.

    I was wondering if anyone has any experience to share about this testing? Obviously the personality test can't be prepared for, but I am a bit worried about what I might be facing in the maths test :P I would literally hate myself if I fail to get an interview due to messing up an online test haha xD

  • #2
    I got the exact same email mate. Just waiting for the tests to come through. Is it a timed thing?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by jj-1994 View Post
      I got the exact same email mate. Just waiting for the tests to come through. Is it a timed thing?
      The Psychometric testing cannot be cheated. There are balance questions in there to ensure honesty in your answers. Please just answer as honestly as you can. There is no pass or fail at this test, they are looking for personality traits and types that are suited to the life at sea.

      The Maths test is a timed test, I cannot tell you what the questions are on but there are some samples to help before you do the test. There is enough time to do it all so take your time, be careful and methodical and you will pass it. My son did it last year and got 100% in it and he was a High grade A Level Maths candidate. I know someone else who did the test having not done maths above GCSE and not used Maths for more than 10 years and he still passed.

      Hope this helps!

      Ian
      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

      "Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

      Comment


      • #4
        And if any of you have never done a psychometric test before then go here:

        http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

        This is quite a good Jung and Briggs Myers test. Whilst long, it is easy to do IF you read the questions and think about them before answering, because they do make you think. If you think you have answered a question before, it is because it has been asked the other way round and it is there to make sure you are answering honestly. I use this one for analysing staff for change of roles and quite like how it presents me the information.

        For those that know what I mean I am an eNTj (commonly referred to as a Field Marshall)

        Ian
        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
        "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

        "Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

        Comment


        • #5
          Just wondering when you guys applied? I'm hoping that they're slowly working through the list of candidates and I'll get an email soon. If they're doing it in alphabetical order I'm gonna be waiting a long time. I was always at the end of registers at school. I would phone up but I've got rehearsals all day

          Comment


          • #6
            I just got this Email and I am so happy Trying not to get carried away, it's still a long way from the coveted acceptance letter but it's a step in the right direction.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, got the same email today! Now to get out the maths books haha

              Comment


              • #8
                Got the email an hour ago, phew!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
                  And if any of you have never done a psychometric test before then go here:

                  http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

                  This is quite a good Jung and Briggs Myers test. Whilst long, it is easy to do IF you read the questions and think about them before answering, because they do make you think. If you think you have answered a question before, it is because it has been asked the other way round and it is there to make sure you are answering honestly. I use this one for analysing staff for change of roles and quite like how it presents me the information.

                  For those that know what I mean I am an eNTj (commonly referred to as a Field Marshall)

                  Ian
                  Thanks for the test, really handy. Turns out I'm an INTJ. I know what I know, and I know what I don't know. Sounds about right

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Aye Aye. Recieved the email today. Cheers for the help!
                    "God invented Beer to stop Sailors taking over the world"

                    "...As small my soul before the raging tide; Your mercy, as your ocean, Lord, is wide." - R.Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dazandymat View Post
                      I just got this Email and I am so happy Trying not to get carried away, it's still a long way from the coveted acceptance letter but it's a step in the right direction.
                      You are right not to get carried away. When my son applied last year there were over 1,000 applicants who were invited to do the tests, only a certain number were shortlisted after the tests and I believe 150 invited for interview, with 50 getting offers.

                      So you are all one step along the road, good luck!

                      Ian
                      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

                      "Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Apparently I'm an ENFJ. But only just...

                        Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Judging(33%)
                        • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
                        • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
                        • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
                        • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

                        Size4riggerboots

                        Moderator
                        Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
                          Apparently I'm an ENFJ. But only just...

                          Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(12%) Judging(33%)
                          • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
                          • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
                          • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
                          • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)
                          Apparently I am: -

                          INTJ
                          Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) iNtuitive Thinking(25%) Judging(44%)
                          You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
                          You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
                          You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
                          You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
                          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

                          All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                            INTJ
                            Welcome to the "Mastermind" club.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My email today stated that there were 932 applicants and there will be 160 asked to do the tests next week.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X