Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companies and Tattoos

Hi,
    I was just wondering do a lot of companies have issues with tattoos? I have applied for a few with no problems but have found that with the cruise ship based cadetships in some of the applications, they state that tattoos are either unacceptable or either want to know the details. I'm not exactly covered, so I would have thought that anything covered by a long sleeved shirt would be acceptable?
    A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor

http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...hlight=tattoos

Comment

You're a star, cheers!

Comment

The difficulty is that some cultures Tattoos are taboo or considered only worn by gangmembers etc, so definately on ships with passengers it can be a problem. Whilst I don't have an issue with tattoos that can be hidden, I do believe that highly visible tattoos are a personal statement on behalf of the wearer, attempting to inform the world of a part of their character. I believe that statement is often a rebellious one, and rebellious attitudes do not work well on merchant ships, but thats just my outdated opinion and experience.

Comment

Given I have a few tattoo's that can all be covered, no it shouldnt be an issue, but as above the perceived wisdom is that cruise ships prefer not have tattooed people, cargo ships tend not to give a fig

Parrots as you're asking
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Im with carnival Uk and I have a half sleeve and a full back piece my short sleeve shirts cover it though

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I've found most to be very helpful! Long sleeves all the way, it doesn't bother me to cover any of mine up and hopefully that will be enough for most companies!

Comment

Working...
              X