No announcement yet.

Northern Marine Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean to say I am NOT supposed to bash the deckies?

Ooops.

Comment

Deckie bashing was acceptable on my last ship, it was a regular occurence but it was never taken too seriously by either party.

There was clearly respect between the two departments, but from my first sea phase I did notice that the deck team seemed to quite often not keep the engine room informed/updated which resulted in a near blackout in dry dock when nobody informed us that the dock was draining the water and we lost cooling.......!
      Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Originally posted by SWonder View Post
        but from my first sea phase I did notice that the deck team seemed to quite often not keep the engine room informed/updated which resulted in a near blackout in dry dock when nobody informed us that the dock was draining the water and we lost cooling.......!
        So the deckies showed enough intelligence to get it into the drydock, (with a little help.) Then you missed the bit in the title DRYdock, which was a dead giveaway really, and you then say nobody informed you and now all of a sudden it's the deckies fault you ran out of cooling water?

Sheesh!

We only drive 'em and wash the windows!

Ian
        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
        "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
          So the deckies showed enough intelligence to get it into the drydock, (with a little help.) Then you missed the bit in the title DRYdock, which was a dead giveaway really, and you then say nobody informed you and now all of a sudden it's the deckies fault you ran out of cooling water?

Sheesh!

We only drive 'em and wash the windows!

Ian
          Last time I looked, we didn't have any windows in the Engine Room, so we have to rely on you ugly lot to tell us when the water is being drained from the dock!

Also! You lot don't even navigate it into the dock yourselves! You're pushed in by tugs!

Honestly, you give the deckies the simplest of tasks to do and they make it sound like they've gone off, slayed a dragon, saved an empire, rogered Snow White and then nipped back for their bloody dinner!
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
            Last time I looked, we didn't have any windows in the Engine Room,
            Having seen ships going into the liverpool locks, you would think they didnt have windows on the bridge either.

I'm leaving off the deckie bashing to focus on some office bashing as im still on a ship
            you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Last time I looked, we didn't have any windows in the Engine Room
              Have you ever wondered why? Because as we pull into dock dogs, kids & adults would run screaming from the docks if they saw your row of ugly mugs at the window....

.... you ugly lot ........
              I refer the dishonourable gentleman to my last answer!

Also! You lot don't even navigate it into the dock yourselves! You're pushed in by tugs!
              So let me get this right, we get other people to do our work for us, while you have to do your own and you think you are the intelligent ones? DOH!

Honestly, you give the deckies the simplest of tasks to do and they make it sound like they've gone off, slayed a dragon, saved an empire, rogered Snow White and then nipped back for their bloody dinner!
              We did too! Neh Neh Neh Neh Neh! What is wrong with rogering Snow White anyway - just 'coz you pervs drool over the 7 dwarfs and a tub of Swargferga! I know which branch of the tree of life I am on - and it sure as sh*t is a different one to you. Missing link - my arse - it's been under the scientists nose for years - marine engineers! . Grazed knuckles from doing things up with spanners - dragging on the floor more like!
              "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
              "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

You know what - S4R is gonna come along and move us again isn't she?

Here's a thought though - thinking about the holly thread - do you reckon she looks like snow white or a snow plough?

Snow white and she would be attractive to the deckies - snow plough and she would be attractive to the engineers!

Did I just say that out loud?

Comment

Ahem....

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
                    Ahem....
                    Oh bugga!

"INCOMING!"

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
                      Ahem....
                      I said nothing! Completely innocent this time!
                      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                      X