Got an interview for SSTG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an interview for SSTG!

So I called and arranged my interview for an Engineer cadetship place next month, although it is just an interview I'm pretty excited!

The recruitment officer was pretty helpful and friendly with regards to preparing for the interview. Guess I should also thanks to people on this website who have answer my questions. So yeah, thanks!

By any chance does anyone have some advice for preparing for the interview? They gave me some stuff but the more the better I suppose!

Had my interview last sept, got accepted for FD deck. Best advice is just to relax and be confident with your answers. Also make sure you research the companies, colleges and what you'll be doing on ship (cadetwise and when you qualify). Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by jordanj1993 View Post
      Had my interview last sept, got accepted for FD deck. Best advice is just to relax and be confident with your answers. Also make sure you research the companies, colleges and what you'll be doing on ship (cadetwise and when you qualify). Good Luck
      Will do that yeah When was it you found out you were accepted?

Comment

I was accepted in the interview there and then in in Sept 2011, but i then waited til around March 2012 until i got my offer after i decided against taking a place in Jan 2012. But then i know people that waited a couple of weeks to know they were accepted. Make sure to apply to other companies aswell!

Comment

When asks where do you expect to be in 5 years time say your job :P

Comment

I've got an interview lined up myself, but with CMT. I want to ask a particular question at the interview but I'm a bit unsure how to approach it. I'm applying as an engineering graduate and I want to know how long the training would last in my case. I don't want it to sound like I can't be bothered with long term training and that I'm looking for an easy passage through my cadetship. But at the end of the day I'm 25 years old and want to get on in my career. I've had my student years and I'd like to get trained up as quick as I can. Would this sound like a reasonable question to bring up?

On a side note - I'm conscious that I wouldn't have a job lined up straight away. I've heard the job prospects in the merchant navy are very good but I hate the thought of completing training and not being able to find a job. Is this something that happens a lot or do most cadets land on their feet?

Comment

Do CMT send you an email or that to confirm that you have submitted an application form in? Also, how long did they take to get back to you??
              C

Comment

I didn't hear anything for a month or so, then they sent me a letter asking for a copy of my Letter of Initial Assessment, which was required because I was applying as a graduate. I dropped off the letter to CMT as I live nearby and they e-mailed me a couple of days after that to offer an interview. If you're waiting for a response from them, I don't see the harm in e-mailing to confirm they've received your application.

Comment

Originally posted by bw5991 View Post
                  So I called and arranged my interview for an Engineer cadetship place next month, although it is just an interview I'm pretty excited!

The recruitment officer was pretty helpful and friendly with regards to preparing for the interview. Guess I should also thanks to people on this website who have answer my questions. So yeah, thanks!

By any chance does anyone have some advice for preparing for the interview? They gave me some stuff but the more the better I suppose!
                  Have you had your interview yet? I've got one with SSTG on Monday. Any tips or particular questions that they asked? I'm applying for Deck but there must be some overlap?

Comment

Working...
                  X