Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when you are not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when you are not working?

Hey there!

I was just wondering, what is it that officers do when they are not on a ship? Are they totally off or is there usually training and other on shore based work that needs to be done?

Thanks!

Nope, 3 months of walking, kayaking and going to the beach, interspersed with bailing out the Spanish economy, one bottle of wine at a time.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

[Silly comment filter on]

Anything you like that does not involve drugs...

[Silly comment filter off]
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Yeah its ideally free time, however the company may have agreed to some training courses which will be done in that time, and depending on the company it may be done on your time (using up leave) or their time and your leave is lengthened by however long, it kinda depends on each company etc and wont be every time.Theres also for a lot of ships a stand by period where they can send you back to a ship a week or so early so while you can still do what you want if your in that period you have to be able to travel at what ever notice they give. but two months off isnt actually a lot of time and if your not certian when exactly you will be off then things can be limited, especially if you need to tie in with other friends with more regular jobs
        you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Working...
        X