Epaulettes help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epaulettes help

Hi, can anyone tell me what epaulettes I need for Warsash, doing FD Engineer course with the RFA? I seem to be getting told a few different things and don't know what I need!

Thanks

http://www.clydemarineuniforms.com/e...paulettes.html

These are the normal ones for Engine Cadets, but I am pretty sure the RFA have different ones.
    Linkedin

Comment

http://www.officercadet.com/showthre...RNC-Lapels-Etc
      Linkedin

Comment

You have to wear epaulettes to college? All I have to say is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA

Comment

Erm the same ones you wore to your initial officer traning at BRNC before Warash.

Comment

RFA FD Cadets get ones with a diamond around the single gold stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingduck View Post
              You have to wear epaulettes to college? All I have to say is...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
              ? Every cadet wears eppaulettes to college.
              "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                Think in the past it was seen as bad form to wear eppaulettes at college as they were sea-going kit - cadets would wear plain wait shirt/black tie and blazer.

Comment

It's quite ironic how the tables have turned, I have never once wore uniform at sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                    At glasgow college you don't wear epaulettes, only white shirt and black tie and trousers. Been that way for years. Epaulettes are for sea, and are rarely used outside of cruise ships, on some cargo ships they are occationally used under pilotage.

Comment

At glasgow college you don't wear epaulettes, only white shirt and black tie and trousers. Been that way for years. Epaulettes are for sea, and are rarely used outside of cruise ships, on some cargo ships they are occationally used under pilotage.
                      aa) why do you have yourself as a maritime organisation?

bb) in my experience the above is quite simply not the case, while it might be true of some cargo ships it is certainly not the case for all. I have sailed on many cargo ships where uniform was normal for evening meals and during daylight hours on the bridge.
                      Go out, do stuff

Comment

aa) Why not

bb) That may have been the case in the olden days but now a days 99% of cadets I speak to say that they only time uniform includingepaulettes was the occational pilot-age. Passenger ships it's a different story because passages like to see the full uniforms. Heard that captains on ships from some companies like BP sometimes make officers wear uniform for dinner and that, which is pretty daft to be honest, maybe it's old captains that get turned on by looking at young men in uniforms that still do that on cargo ships but I really don't like to speculate.

Comment

aa) Because its misleading and not at all amusing.

Comment

maybe it's old captains that get turned on by looking at young men in uniforms
                            Really?

Comment

maybe it's old captains that get turned on by looking at young men in uniforms that still do that on cargo ships but I really don't like to speculate.[/COLOR]
                              Seriously? Is this in the pub?
                              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                              X