Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying for Cadetships

Hi All,
    I recieved the dreaded letter yesterday stating that I was unsuccesful in gaining a cadetship with CMT, who were my "last chance saloon" of getting a cadetship this year. I have not had the chance to call them to discuss the outcome but will be doing so shortly.
    My question is does anybody know if any of companies have set timescales when you can not reapply within?
    Many Thanks
    COTB
    "Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier" Christopher Columbus

Most of them are 6 months, but the way some of their 'administration departments work, you could probably try again a week after.

Comment

when you say that CMT was your last chance does that mean that other companies have also rejected you this year? if so then you really need to get some insight to why that is otherwise your wasting your time
      you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

can you not reapply for the January intake, or is that too soon?

Comment

Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
          when you say that CMT was your last chance does that mean that other companies have also rejected you this year? if so then you really need to get some insight to why that is otherwise your wasting your time
          I would agree with the above - unless your situation has changed (ie: Experience / Academic - or you were under 18) you would most likely be wasting your time applying to the same companies again... having said that - no harm in trying. Obviously I don't know your circumstances but if I was you I would concentrate on trying to improve something about your CV (either through work experience or education).

Volunteer for some of these restoration projects (if you can) / marine charities.
          ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
          myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Hi thanks for the feedback.
            Most companies didnt even bother to send an email acknowledgement of application.
            Carnival emailed to find out where I had heard about their website, I said this website and then I got rejection email and would not give feedback. It still puzzles me why I got rejected for saying this website though.
            Maersk, I missed the intake for this year but are keeping me on record for next year.
            So thats why I said CMT were my last chance saloon for intake this year.
            "Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier" Christopher Columbus

Comment

Ok well thats not as bad, Carnival are obviously not going to reject you and then ask the question so for their marketing etc its better to go the otherway around. Its good that Maersk are still in the running so its wise to contact them again to remind them about you, but only once they are actually dealing with applications again. Get applications into all the other companies SSTG etc and in good time, if needed tweek info to make each application more appealing to the specific company ie dont bang on to mearsk about your love of cruise ships.But spend the year being productive, so that its a possitive thing on your CV/application again if you contact mearsk let them know what your doing so that they can see you have some drive, otherwise they will judge you on a year old data
              you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

I don't think Carnival rejected you because you mentioned this website. They ask every applicant that question, but it is very competitive for places with them so you need to make sure you meet their standards and make your application stand out.

Comment

Working...
                X