Accommodation & CMT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accommodation & CMT

Hey, I've searched for an answer for this one but no joy. Basically, I've accepted Clyde Marine's offer to start at Fleetwood in September and returned the paperwork etc. I'm just not sure what happens with accommodation, do I need to contact Fleetwood or do CMT sort that out and I pay the deposit/ first month. Just wanted to know what to expect so I don't forget to do something important..... Thanks

I do believe that Clyde will tell the college how many people are starting etc, but the best answer is to give Clyde a call, they will be able to answer this properly you maybe need to just confirm with the college or something. for STC i tihnk you needed to so that they sent you the info. as for paperwork and paying it was all done on our arrival, but again, ask clyde they will tell you for the college and then your sorted.
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

CMT do nowt, so you need to give them a call and get it all sorted.
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

You have to front the bill for the first month which is ridiculous. Being 17 when i started south Tyneside fronting the ?610 for the first month was a pretty tough feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Laser View Post
          You have to front the bill for the first month which is ridiculous. Being 17 when i started south Tyneside fronting the ?610 for the first month was a pretty tough feet.
          Christ and I thought Glasgow was expensive! Is that catering or non catering?

Comment

Its 122 per week, some months are 4 weeks and some 5. You don't have a choice of catering or non catering but I bet if people could choose non catering a lot would do so (providing they installed hobs an ovens in halls). We get ?6.80 a day to spend on food in the canteen and what we don't spend we lose.

Comment

The college/halls contacted me , but give Clyde a call to make sure

Comment

Thanks for the relies everyone. Contacted CMT who've said for Fleetwood at least we have to get in touch with the college and sort it out ourselves.

Comment

Gah, they told me different!!! Can someone PM me the Accomodations Officer number at City of Glasgow. I couldn't find it!!!

Edit: Just found the accommodation page... those prices are crazy... self catered ?96+ per week. You can find private accommodation cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by ramfeild66 View Post
                    Gah, they told me different!!! Can someone PM me the Accomodations Officer number at City of Glasgow. I couldn't find it!!!

Edit: Just found the accommodation page... those prices are crazy... self catered ?96+ per week. You can find private accommodation cheaper!
                    Ye Gods man! Google it or better yet, call Riverside Campus main number and ask to be put through!

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                      Ye Gods man! Google it or better yet, call Riverside Campus main number and ask to be put through!
                      Been there and done it... still doesn't make the prices better. If I can find a six month rental in the city, having my own space will make up for the (slightly) added cost. Seriously, it's been a while since I was last at uni (2003 I started) but I was paying ?48 a week. Going to opt for self-catered if I have to live in halls.

Comment

Working...
                      X