Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone still waiting for an interview date for clyde marine at fleetwood? (Deck HND, Sept 12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone still waiting for an interview date for clyde marine at fleetwood? (Deck HND, Sept 12)

Hi Everyone

I applied to various companies after going to fleetwood campus' open day in february. after a month or so I had got replies from all of these companies, with only Clyde Marine giving me a positive response. I received a letter in march/april saying that I had been accepted for an Interview and that they would in in touch shortly with a date etc. However, as I said, This was nearly 3 months ago and after numerous phone calls to them I havent heard anything, apart from 'as soon as we know, maybe X weeks, we will notify you'

Is anybody else having this problem? and has anybody heard any more than this? because the Intake date is start of september, I have many plans that are on hold for an interview date, which I am naturally getting anxious about, as this is my dream career and i dont want to miss this opportunity.

Look forward to a reply soon to put my mind at rest.
    Thanks
    Carl
    "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
    -- William Arthur War

Twitter - @tommisevenfold

I'm starting this September '12 with Clyde but had my interview at the beginning of February. So if you haven't had an interview yet then I suspect they might push you back for the Jan '13 intake...

Comment

ok, Thank you. Though if that is the case it would be nice to be told when i call them. I do find it odd though that they advertise for spaces at fleetwood for september at the open day in february, yet things are being held back and the clock is ticking. i keep calling them for peace of mind that they havent lost my paperwork etc but its not very helpful. when did you first apply?
      "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
      -- William Arthur War

Comment

I applied back in December, got sent interview information in January. They are really busy at the moment, with all the new starters which they are sorting out kind of last minute because of all the funding issues. They may take you on for September but it would be cutting it fine. I have heard of people going to an interview a month before September and being accepted, but I think its pot luck and spare places to be honest.

Comment

yes, thats what I heard, about the funding. thats what im thinking, theres barely 2 months left now so if i hear anything I expect it soon, but naturally, the wait is a bit nerve racking. its good to hear that once i have an interview it can be sorted out quickly, so thank you for your help, it has put my mind at ease a bit.

If anyone else sees this and can help more it would be appreciated. thanks
          -- William Arthur War

Comment

+1 for what Markie said.

I interviewed in Feb, and I'm starting in September.

If you don't get the September start, then just look forward to Jan.

Good luck

Dan

Comment

Hi Carl

I applied for Clyde back in February, I only just received an interview date two weeks ago. Hope this helps.

Comment

Yes, thank you. I called Clyde this morning and they told me that they have sent letters out, and gave me an interview for the end of this month so panic over. Thank you for your help.
                -- William Arthur War

Comment

Good luck with your interview!

Comment

So i had my Interview on Tuesday In Fleetwood, think everything went well and with 6 people going for 4 places, im crossing everything. just got a nail biting 3 weeks to wait, can do no more but im sure i will be banging my head against everything by the time I get a letter.
                    -- William Arthur War

Comment

Hi Tommy, I know the feeling I had my interview with CMT on Friday 13th, so Im now waiting for my letter to say whether I was successful or not. The last 2 weeks have dragged for me hopefully the next few weeks will fly over for you. Good Luck.
                      "Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier" Christopher Columbus

Comment

Hi there. It is a bit of a long wait, I'm only 5 days in and it's nail biting. But we've done all we can so crossing everything at the moment. Thank you and best of luck to you too. you applying for Fleetwood or another College?
                        -- William Arthur War

Comment

For some reason, they never specified a particular college, I have requested Warsash then Fleetwood.
                          "Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier" Christopher Columbus

Comment

Working...
                          X