What should an engineer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should an engineer...

Hi guys, I'm starting in September at Glasgow doing engineering. I was just wondering what an engineer should be doing/looking over before they start. I've asked for more maths sheets from Clyde and I'm currently looking over them just now. If there is any books you could suggest I buy to look over before I start then that would be great.

Thanks in advance, ciar.

Well done Ciar. Who are you sponsored by and how did you find the whole recruitment process? There's a lot on here about how the deck cadets found the recruitment process but not some much from aspiring engineers. Spill the beans.

Comment

Thanks mate, well I went through Clyde marine and I get told my company when I start college. The recruitment process was good , I felt I done well in the interview. Have you found a cadetship yet?

Comment

have a look on warsash maritime college website they have got some good maths notes on

Comment

Thanks for reply Danny will have a look at that.

Comment

I haven't applied yet - hoping for Sept 13 intake. Will probably apply to everyone in Sept/Oct this year. Are you doing HND or FD? Did they ask many engineering questions or just the usual interview stuff? If you don't mind me asking what sort of grades did you have? I have 8 GCSE's but they're only Bs and Cs and I'm doing BTec Level 3 Engineering at College. Bit worried my grades won't be good enough? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mucker750 View Post
              I haven't applied yet - hoping for Sept 13 intake. Will probably apply to everyone in Sept/Oct this year. Are you doing HND or FD? Did they ask many engineering questions or just the usual interview stuff? If you don't mind me asking what sort of grades did you have? I have 8 GCSE's but they're only Bs and Cs and I'm doing BTec Level 3 Engineering at College. Bit worried my grades won't be good enough? Thanks
              Don't worry mate you have pretty much got the same grades and quals as me and i got in no problem and in my interviews they didn't ask any engineering questions beside general ship knowledge

Comment

ye not many engineering questions in the interview and your grades will be more than good enough for the hnd route

Comment

Cheers - U doing hnd or fd - which college? I'm going to Warsash at the end of the month for the open day just to get a feel for it all.

Comment

FD fleetwood

Comment

Good luck guys...and thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X