No announcement yet.

Where will the Interviews be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to expenses SSTG tend to pay for most things , and normally you don't need a receipt

Examples travel
    Rail cards
    Vaccinations
    Accomodation with extra for bills and food.

SSTG are very generous to there cadets , and tend to let there cadets live comfortably when it comes to money.

Interviews

Carnival and Princess = Southampton
    Maersk = Newcastle
    SSTG = Rochester Kent
    Clyde = local training center
    Anglo eastern = local training center
    Shell = local training center .
    Meridian = liverpool
    Gardline = Great yarmouth
    Stephenson Clarke = newcastle
    CMA = london.
    Just ones that i have been to myself or friends have been too.
    Maybe I will never be
    All the things that I want to be
    But now is not the time to cry
    Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Viking- Dover
      Chiltern Maritime- Southampton

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Carisbrooke Shipping - Cowes
        CMT (for me) was at IMAREST in The City.
        "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

I live at the top of Scotland (near RJShields32) and am traveling down to Kent for an interview. They are paying my travel expenses. As said above, some pay and some don't.

Comment

Hi

Irn Bru, well done on your cadetship with Carnival, where are you going to be studying? I have an assessment day with Carnival in Southampton on 11th Sept (expenses paid btw). Can you tell me how long after your assessment day before you got your offer? I have an offer at present for Jan (Warsash) with another company which I am over the moon about but I think Carnival would be better so I am still going to attend the assessment day. Just wondering how long I would need to hold off before signing the dotted line with my current company.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
              Mine happily paid for me to fly to/from Scotland for the interviews and also start / end of college and holidays during college phase's - the argument being that it's significantly cheaper to fly to Southampton than to get the train cross country!
              Seeing as CMT have put me in Glasgow and I live in Cornwall I hope they pay for flights lol! Not only light years faster but also cheaper! Wish I'd flown to the Maersk interview, 13 hours on a National Express coach I do not recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by ramfeild66 View Post
                Seeing as CMT have put me in Glasgow and I live in Cornwall I hope they pay for flights lol! Not only light years faster but also cheaper! Wish I'd flown to the Maersk interview, 13 hours on a National Express coach I do not recommend.
                They will pay for the flight provided it is the most economical route to and from your registered home address.

If the train is cheaper, then they will only pay for the train...
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

The difference in price is negligible ?20 one way or the other depending when you book, the difference in time is immense. I didn't ask to be put over 700 miles from my home so I hope they take that into account, for one it's another hour for me from the train station so around 11 hours all told. If they want to pay for the train then I'll offer to make up the difference, if not I guess I'll be paying for it myself as I'll be saving myself the best part of a whole day. 11 hours both ways or 3 hours flying + check in seems a false economy in time for the sake of ?20.

The bus would cost me ?34 so ultimately that would be cheaper so why not set the bar there?

Comment

The blurb from the current CMT expense form in RE to going by Air:
                    Travelling By Air
                    We will not reimburse the cost of any flights to or from college unless they have been specifically
                    agreed with your Training Officer prior to travelling and the cost of the flight is equal or less than
                    the cost of a rail ticket / Ferry.
                    And at the top of the page of course:
                    Please note we will only reimburse the cheapest form of transport.
                    Linkedin

Comment

Although seems a bit strange you are having your interview up in the wilderness, I had mine in Bristol.
                      Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
                        Although seems a bit strange you are having your interview up in the wilderness, I had mine in Bristol.
                        I'm not having an interview up there. I'm going to college there. Subsequently, I'll be doing the trek more often and, as I pointed out, to be pedantic the very cheapest form of transport would be National Express coach... ?35 Newquay to Glasgow and vice versa, but that's 20 hours of fun both ways. I've done it before when I was stuck on the dole and my missus was living in Aberdeen (extra 5 hours to Aberdeen), she may as well have been living in Australia the time it took me!

My interview was in Southampton and I applied for Warsash (2 hours from where my missus now lives, ironically). I'm not fussed by going anywhere, even the Shetlands, but I'd just prefer to fly from Glasgow because the time differences are enormous and I'll be loosing significant amounts of my time away in transit on the train, although I can see it'll probably be a sticking point.

Comment

If you are a mature student and are classed as 'independent' then you can apply for a travel grant from the government. See the student finance website and see what they say.
                          "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Have a word with your training manager, they may allow it. If not, put in for the train cost, and then fly down and pay the difference, should be roughly the same price. Although CMT are getting stricter with their expenses and now wanting to see receipts (which they didn't in the first 4 phases), so you might not be able to swing that. Either way, your best option is to have a chat with your training manager at CMT and see if you can come to arrangement.
                            Linkedin

Comment

Working...
                            X