too late to apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• too late to apply?

Would I be right in assuming it is too late for me to apply to sponsoring companies with the hopes of being able to get on a course for september? How about January?

Never too late to apply, get firing them in to all companies.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Thank you very much for replying- also, is there a list or calendar of some sort that lists the dates that the cadet courses begin on? I'm not sure if I'm being dumb here but on the application for Clyde Marine Training one of the first questions there is, is 'Date to begin training: ', and I have no idea. I'm guessing it is asking for the date that the course that I want to take begins, but I have no idea where I can find that out.

Comment

On my application form, I just put down 01 Sept 2012 for my time to start training.
        "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Hi nfull, generally speaking there are intakes in January, May and September. I applied in November last year and started in January, so start filling those applications out

Good luck

Dan

Comment

I don't think it's too late. Just depends who you're interested in (cruise for example forget it). Originally applied in Aug 11 for Jan 12 but will be starting in Sept 12.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraTango View Post
              I don't think it's too late. Just depends who you're interested in (cruise for example forget it). Originally applied in Sept 11 for Jan 12 but will be starting in Sept 12.
              Starting with cruise ships anyway is a very silly thing to do as it makes it really difficult to transfer to anything else. BP and Chevron are still recruiting and wet cargo ships are a very good place to start (all our MS&Q Superintendents agree) as it gives you the ability to move to any part of the industry you want.
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
              X