Still not accepted??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still not accepted??

Are there any poor souls out there who still don't know what's happening this september!
    Hopefully we can get the senior members on here to give them advice!!

People can give advice and everyone does usually, people can take it or leave it, it's down to the person themselves to use it how they wish, but having all the advice doesn't get you the cadetship it's what people put into it. Yes granted people put there all and get nothing but you just gotta keep trying over and over it's the same everywhere. Plus if you use the search bar you will find just about everything you want to know about companies and interviews are on the forum somewhere with plenty of info and advice Just saying
    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
    Adapt and over come
    Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

I rang Clyde marine today worrying about confirmation of cadetships and what not and they told me that tuition fees have still not been settled with certain colleges and should be reciving the costs of training soon, you'll be alright don't worry mate!

Rmar11

Comment

I also phoned Clyde regarding my conditional offer and was told I should hear back from them by the beginning of next month. I was also finally told what college I will attend, so at least that's something.

Comment

Me too; if anyone is going to Fleetwood; the reason they have not heard yet; it's because they guy who does the pricing for the courses is on leave until 8th May (I think) and he's only half way through pricing the courses. Additionally, the prices are not changing by much; for those of you thinking that the University price hike will effect the HNC/D's.

It's easier said; than done; but relax.

Comment

Hi guys. Rmar11 and Pedla, when did you apply for your cadetships??? I applied yesterday as the 'pply now' section of there website has been closed for a while, why was this do you know?? Regards Hywel

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel View Post
              Hi guys. Rmar11 and Pedla, when did you apply for your cadetships??? I applied yesterday as the 'pply now' section of there website has been closed for a while, why was this do you know?? Regards Hywel
              They were inundated with applications I'm told

Comment

This is probably the most turbulent year possible to apply for a cadetship. I wonder what next year will be like...
                "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

I had a firm offer from Clyde to the college of my choice with all the paperwork, contract etc to sign and send off which then turned into a conditional offer due to funding. After I had my second interview (over the phone, which was the same as the first interview) I had all the letters and paperwork but stupidly phoned them asking a question about getting my guardian to sign a form. They then told me that I shouldn't of received the original paperwork and I am now back on a conditional offer.

I'm not sure sure what's going on now, just wait and see I guess. English not Scottish college by the way.

Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by billwillis View Post
                    It's easier said; than done; but relax.
                    I'd heard Clyde re-opened their applications for September, subsequently I'm not feeling so confident due to my GCSE grades. More applicant's means less spaces for my bottom of the barrel maths :S. Still would like to know if the stragglers will get a fair shot at the sponsors or if the earlier accepting college applicants have taken the favoured sponsorships.

Comment

Originally posted by ramfeild66 View Post
                      I'd heard Clyde re-opened their applications for September, subsequently I'm not feeling so confident due to my GCSE grades. More applicant's means less spaces for my bottom of the barrel maths :S. Still would like to know if the stragglers will get a fair shot at the sponsors or if the earlier accepting college applicants have taken the favoured sponsorships.
                      Oh no, you'll be working on a 30 year old dredger out of hull for the rest of your life...
                      "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                        Oh no, you'll be working on a 30 year old dredger out of hull for the rest of your life...
                        You can make big money on a 30 year old dredger you know…

Comment

I have no idea how Clyde assign sponsors, apply and show an interest. Chase them up on an interview etc... and that will all go in your favour.

Comment

I was told that clyde assign their sponsors according to how well you scored in the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              I have no idea how Clyde assign sponsors, apply and show an interest. Chase them up on an interview etc... and that will all go in your favour.
                              Already rang them about a month ago and had my conditional offer quoted back to me verbatim. I don't really see the value in pestering them when I know exactly why I'm being held up. I'm down for Warsash so I'm waiting on the decision on fees. I'm linked to their Facebook and they know I'm on here, so repeatedly contacting them would probably just seem superflous.

Comment

Working...
                              X