Carisbrooke Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carisbrooke Shipping

Hi all, I have an interview with Carisbrooke shipping coming up and was wondering if anyone on this forum is currently sponsored by them or knows much about them? They seem to have a of fleet of bulk carriers etc, I remember reading they operate mainly (or only?) in Europe? Any information would be most welcome

Keep all of your options open and appy to as many companies as you can. Carisbrooke don't have a great reputation amongst cadets-although they are a perfectly good way of obtaining your training and ticket. You may find an easier experience and better pay elsewhere, however.

Comment

Is this through clyde?

Comment

Carisbrooke have their own cadetship programme by the looks of it. I'm wondering if the application form I have is legit though, it asks an awful lot of questions about my personal info, basically they want: NI Number, Driving licence number, passport number, bank account number, sort code. They could create a whole new me with that information!
        "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Allow me to google them for you: -

http://www.carisbrookeshipping.net/

Lots of information there...

Edited to add: Just had a quick flick through their website myself. Unusual to see so much information and even GA plans on their website!
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I had managed to get as far as google-ing them, but thanks lol. I was hoping there might be some of their cadets about but seemingly not

Comment

There seemed to be a superior power in my intake against Carisbrooke cadets.

4 deck cadets at the start of the phase. 1 deck cadet went to sea with them three months later.

He is the user 'Islander' on here, don't expect a reply if you PM him though, they don't have Internet onboard.

Comment

Well I can't say that these responses have filled me with confidence but thanks for the replies!

Comment

In all fairness, one of them had serious issues, the other had an unforeseen medical issue and the final one decided it wasn't for him.

I'd go for the interview so you can make your own judgement on it all too though.

Comment

Yeah that's what I was going to do, I've got a couple of offers but seeing as I haven't signed a contract yet thought it probably wouldn't be a good idea to turn an interview down.

Comment

All good experience as well.

More interviews you experience the better you will become at them.

Comment

Always good to go for an interview and make your own mind up. Gr8 that any company is gonna cover ur education fees and pay ya at the same time! If I went to Uni id b 30 grand in debt with no job at the end of it....

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                          Always good to go for an interview and make your own mind up. Gr8 that any company is gonna cover ur education fees and pay ya at the same time! If I went to Uni id b 30 grand in debt with no job at the end of it....
                          have you had an interview with them, popeye ?

Comment

No, cause im interested in cruise ships, so no point applyin. Saw their stand at open day in warsash.

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                              No, cause im interested in cruise ships, so no point applyin. Saw their stand at open day in warsash.
                              I'd still apply to be on the safe side. Getting on Cruise Ships is very difficult so it's best to apply to everyone. You can always go on Cruise Ships afterwards.
                              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                              X