Fleetwood College - Post Refurbishment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleetwood College - Post Refurbishment

Hi I would really appreciate if you could give me some me some of your experiences of the college and what the accommodation is now like after the refurbishment because I think this is where i'm going to be sent to.
    Last edited by The H; 2 April 2012, 09:57 PM. Reason: Amend Title

Just sat in my room there atm, so I can safely say that its decent. Not amazing or anything but its decent. Clean and pleasant. Painted brick can only be so pleasant
    The food is hit and miss. You can get chips with every meal, so if youre into that... But generally quite good.
    Work will apparently be going on until the last few months of the year, but the new bits are so much nicer than the old.
    The college bar isnt open on the weekend or fridays, but for weekday evenings, the beer is cheap and the atmosphere is good.
    The lecturers are good, and the offshore (practical short courses) are really very good.

The town itself is (with all the love in the world) c***. Poulton is alright on that front.

If you need any more info, just shout

Comment

A bar that is only open on the nights students shouldn't be drinking seems ridiculous to me!

Comment

so how much do the rooms cost then

Comment

The rooms are 440 per month including breakfast and dinner. Some companies (majority in my phase) circumvent you entirely and pay for it direct. Which are you with?
          On the bar front you can always drink during the week, just only a pint or two, never go overboard. Its only a member of staff who volunteers to stay behind after hours until 2300 anyway, would be a bit harsh to ask her to lose her weekends too!
          It really isnt a big college, in the evenings there are only about 70 of us in halls. During the weekend only half that! there arent really enough people to sustain a proper paying bar all week.

Comment

Hi tallman , do fleetwood allow cadets 95% of the time to go home for the weekends?
            cheers

Comment

Unless there is a good reason. Let me put it this way, none of us have been refused leave.

Comment

Cheers TallMan for the info and I have to arrange my own accommodation

Comment

No probs. Any other queries just shout!

Comment

So what would you say the essentials are to bring with me at the start beside my laptop

Comment

Im sure i could think of questions all day, but just a quick couple. Do the halls have wi-fi? And are there any rules about guests?

Comment

When it comes to essentials, a pillow is a good start. They only give you one cr** one. Other than that just the usual. Bowl, knife fork (though you can nick those from the canteen) as well as a laptop and all your films and games etc. (it's worth noting here that the college doesn't let you log onto steam or Xbox live). An Xbox is still good fun though. You will get bored rigid on weekends so any entertainment mediums are always a good addition.

@jordan, the halls do have wifi only. No Ethernet or phone ports in the rooms. The wifi also requires a program to be downloaded and run. It's a pain.
                        When it comes to guests it's a bit strict. No guests after ten. There is a double room which you can rent though. Mostly it's just day visitors .

Comment

cheers so its worth bringing a TV then

Comment

Some people have TV's but you are ment to have a licence, bring head phones, the walls are made of paper. A car if you have one but I did see some trams running last week..... Oh and a sense of humor!

Comment

Working...
                            X