Accommodation Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accommodation Costs

Hi can anybody tell me the accommodation cost for Septembers cadets for fleetwood, warsash and south tyneside college.

I believe, but could be wrong, that it is around the ?400 mark.

Comment

400 pound a.... Month?

Comment

I believe so, I'm with SSTG so haven't paid it. Other cadets I was with though were paying around that a month though, I think it was closer to ?390.

Comment

so ?400 is the standard price for accommodation for all of them, do they include breakfast and tea

Comment

I don't know how other colleges do it, but Warsash gives you a room, obviously, and meal card with an amount on it per week. The amount depends on which company you are with or which accomodation plan you choose.

I had ?50 a week on my card I think, you can buy meals whenever on it and cakes, non-alcoholic drinks, toasties etc... from the bar.

Comment

Just reading through the rules and regs for STC's Winterbottom hall and it says that your room is cleaned daily. Do the other colleges do this, and for all of them Is there a way to opt out of having your room cleaned, as I've cleaned my own room (and house) since I was about 12, and I don't quite like the idea of it being cleaned for me. And it becomes quite a naus to put my bondage gear away every bloody day...
              "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Aye STC's started doing that card malarkey now as well. If I remember correctly (I moved out as soon as I could) it is ?112/week with ?6 or ?8/day on the card. As for the room cleaning as far as I know it's mandatory at least I don't know of anyone who asked not to have it done. Generally gets done while you're at lectures anyway and consists of emptying your bin.

Comment

Cleaning is the same at Warsash.

As for the bondage stuff I wouldn't worry, the cleaners are professional and will only gossip about it to all their friends.
                  Last edited by Faust; 26 March 2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
                    Just reading through the rules and regs for STC's Winterbottom hall and it says that your room is cleaned daily. Do the other colleges do this, and for all of them Is there a way to opt out of having your room cleaned, as I've cleaned my own room (and house) since I was about 12, and I don't quite like the idea of it being cleaned for me. And it becomes quite a naus to put my bondage gear away every bloody day...

Be careful with self bondage it can be a real killer,
                    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Its ok, I've got a safe word, so if I start to strangle myself too much, I gargle that and then I just let go.
                      "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Ah, I see. Should be all good fun then.

Personally I loved turning all the showers on in the toilets and making a bath house.

Comment

for the sea phases to you have to move out of the accommodation seeing that the majority of your time will be out on the water

Comment

Yes.

The college accommodation is only for the first phase, you will have to move out when it ends. When I moved our my room was occupied again the following day by new Phase One cadets!

Comment

Do you pay accomm. Costs all year or only during term time. Think I might know the answer already but no harm asking!

Comment

Working...
                              X