Maersk Cadets starting September '12 :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mak View Post
    I had plenty of hair when I started, nobody minded but i cut it off to be on the safe side, also i thoughit would get manky(er) in the e/r
    Out of curiosity, are you with clyde marine, at GCNS?
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

• Awesome hair! But, to work in the ER, chop it off for sure. Can we see a pic of after?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

• Guinessman, 'fraid not, maersk at STC, though another local of the very pub above is there i believe.
        B&W only, 'cos all my friends with cameras are massive hipsters

Comment

• Originally posted by mak View Post
          Guinessman, 'fraid not, maersk at STC, though another local of the very pub above is there i believe.
          B&W only, 'cos all my friends with cameras are massive hipsters

what a bitchin' beard!
          Hell, I am young. I am free. My teeth are clean. The sun shines. To hell with everything else.
          -Stephen Fry

Comment

• A good sea beard you have there.

We had a beard growing competition on our last sea phase , mine was pretty pathetic as was most of the groups just bum fluffy pupey types , but some had grown Santa & Captain birdseye type beards so i was severely jealous i shall try harder this time.
            Maybe I will never be
            All the things that I want to be
            But now is not the time to cry
            Now's the time to find out why

Comment

• Got ma uniform delivered today, everything fits haha and looks good, getting there now. not long to go!

Comment

• got my train tickets and everything for the outward bound thing today looking forward to it

Comment

• Aye I got my uniform and train tickets today Just waiting for my Lewis Boots to arrive now xD Got my Yellow Fever jab on Tuesday, then I'm all set. Can't wait to wear the uniform to the formal dinner xD

Comment

• What formal dinner......?

Comment

• Originally posted by marcus1608 View Post
                      What formal dinner......?
                      Last night of the induction weekend, everyone is required to wear their uniform for the dinner.

Just got an email about the accommodation costs. So we gotta pay 5 weeks worth of that weekly rate as well as the deposit right?

Comment

• I think I am up to date with everything so far, uniform, train tickets, accommodation, jabs/medical, all paper documents (visa, contract...), and all my expenses so far have been sent off.

Cant wait for the induction weekend!!!

Is anyone else getting the train from Derby to Newcastle?
                        There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

Comment

• How did i miss this? News to me! suppose i better check the uniform fits then!

Comment

• Originally posted by GlennH View Post
                            I think I am up to date with everything so far, uniform, train tickets, accommodation, jabs/medical, all paper documents (visa, contract...), and all my expenses so far have been sent off.

Cant wait for the induction weekend!!!

Is anyone else getting the train from Derby to Newcastle?
                            i havent got my uniform yet, or my train tickets for induction getting 6 jabs tomorrow, not looking forward to that! haha
                            Hell, I am young. I am free. My teeth are clean. The sun shines. To hell with everything else.
                            -Stephen Fry

Comment

• Originally posted by Lundster View Post
                              Just got an email about the accommodation costs. So we gotta pay 5 weeks worth of that weekly rate as well as the deposit right?
                              Originally posted by KirstyAmanda View Post
                              whhhaaatt?! the lying SOBs! it definitely said in the presentation: 5 weeks and deposit for accommodation would be paid!
                              So has anybody got full clarification of this yet? Lundster you are saying you have to pay 5 weeks and deposit, Kirsty you were saying you were told that you were getting 5 weeks and deposit paid by your sponsor.

I thought that you had to pay all of your accomodation costs and deposits yourselves? Or have you been told something different?
                              "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
                              "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
                                So has anybody got full clarification of this yet? Lundster you are saying you have to pay 5 weeks and deposit, Kirsty you were saying you were told that you were getting 5 weeks and deposit paid by your sponsor.

I thought that you had to pay all of your accomodation costs and deposits yourselves? Or have you been told something different?
                                at our interview, Maersk said that deposit + 5 weeks would be paid for by them. In the email i got about accomodation, I was told that I didnt have to pay the deposit, but have to set up direct debit straight away for the rest of the costs.
                                -Stephen Fry

Comment

Working...
                                X