Liverpool John Moores Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool John Moores Uni

Why do companies not choose to sponsor their cadets for a identical course (foundation degree) at LJMU???

Cheers to anyone who could answer this.

I got told by sstg its more expensive at the uni's, but I've heard since then its not. So I don't know what the actual answer is.

Maybe its that companies want to avoid the 'student lifestyle' but if that's the case its really a stupid reason.

If you're local to JMU and you really want to go there maybe you could live at home and suggest to companies you will accept a lower living allowance as an insentive for them to let you go there. Conway, some Clyde companies, some SSTG companies and some Chiltern cadets go to JMU so just ask the sponsors see what they say if you can give them a good enough reason.

Course staff at ljmu will have a fair idea of who exactly send to them, so try emailing them for a specific list not just the generic list of all companies.
    Bibby might send cadets there as they're a local company http://www.foreland-shipping.co.uk/crew_management.html, I've also heard maybe the likes of BP and Shell send cadets if you can pursuade them

Comment

Comment

Why do companies not choose to sponsor their cadets for a identical course (foundation degree) at LJMU???

Cheers to anyone who could answer this.

Comment

Only one Maersk in my intake went to LMJU and that was to do the degree, and he got that as he had years of experience working as a mechanical engineer.

Comment

The foundation degree courses at LJMU and Fleetwood are 'identical' and are both accredited by LJMU. Fleetwood has better academic support and is closer knit, however Fleetwood isn't the nicest of places, you have to wear uniform, accommodation is limited etc. At LJMU you live in the city and pretty much live as a university student (no uniform etc) however this would mean less academic support. The pay is the same.

The initial entry requirements for LJMU are higher than Fleetwood.

Maersk, Bibby, Clyde and many more send cadets to both.

Comment

Working...
            X