Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Interview

Hi folks,

Just curious to find out if anyone has been asked to interview a second time for Clyde? I called them to ask how I had got on in my interview as I hadn't heard anything and they have requested I come in and interview again. I have emailed to ask a few questions about it but just wondered if anyone else has had similar?

Cheers,
    Dan.

That's a new one on me.

Comment

That's a bit odd... I just phoned and got pretty much what's said on the letter for a conditional offer. Starting to get very down about the wait as I can't make any plans and I'm supposed to be moving in with the missus (which I can't really leave my job, as low paid as it is, until I know what the financial situation is) and on top of that I have the feeling not all the conditional offerees are going to even be given the chance to get funds together if that becomes neccessary.

Have you been asked to select your preffered companies? I suppose not, I can't imagine it's a bad thing.

Comment

I feel the same and starting to get a bit nervous.. But I know that Clyde are still interviewing so I can only assume that they believe they will have sufficient funding. And do you know of anyone who has gone to a Clyde interview and not been given a conditional offer, because I haven't heard of anyone yet. I have'nt been asked to pick sponsors yet either. But I think that because they are getting the numbers etc.. from sponsoring companies.

Comment

well im still waiting for my first interview date and time with cylde

Comment

Originally posted by Markie93 View Post
            And do you know of anyone who has gone to a Clyde interview and not been given a conditional offer, because I haven't heard of anyone yet.
            That is what's worrying me. Lots of people on conditional offers, a few have received solid offers. Potentially less places and still interviewing. I know from my experience with Maersk that having a GCSE C in maths is basically going to put me at the bottom of the pile!

Comment

Well clyde are interviewing in the London area in April/May time and the chap at the other end of the phone said they will be carrying out interviews for quite some time yet, so not to worry just yet dannyboy
              "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

That's a new one on me.

That's a bit odd
                Yeah, nothing on email yet. I don't mind interviewing again but would be nice to know what the deal was.
                I have a slight inkling that they may have misplaced my file or information. The first time I called them, they couldn't find my file and openly admitted it and similar happened the second time. I'd like to think this wouldn't happen but if it is the case it would be nice if they were honest with me.

Wait and see I guess, It is frustrating though not being able to plan anything major just in case......

On a slightly different note, I have just looked through the smilies for the first time. Some of them are quite disturbing!

Comment

Danking:

The impression I got when I rang the chap at CMT today was that he was sat at a desk with boxes upon boxes of files which were sorted out according to the applicants interview region, plus a good few handfuls lying loose on the desk, so with the best will in the world, **** happens and files will get misplaced. Its hard to even suggest ringing them up and prodding them, because the poor buggers are busy enough as it is.

And ditto the not being able to plan anything major, should I get offered a cadetship, I'll have a few short months in which to move out of my house, get the wife to find us another house, give notice to my employer, hand kit in, sort out oodles of paperwork and hopefully snatch a few weeks off to brush up on my maths and interacting-with-teenagers skills.

And ditto again the smilies, there are indeed some very odd ones on there, most of which I believe are down to our very own S4...
                  "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Working...
                  X