SSTG availability for Sept 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSTG availability for Sept 2012

Does anyone happen to know what companies SSTG still has places with for Sept 2012 intake? I am specifically after a place with OOCL as I had an offer from them a couple of years ago before I had to withdraw due to one of my family having an unexpected serious illness. Having already been forced to withdraw from one offer from SSTG before I don't want to put in an application and then turn it down again if OOCL don't have any places for Sept. I think that would be messing the SSTG guys around too much and I don't want to do that. I specifically want to go with OOCL because having talked to some of their current and former cadets I get the impression they are a good company to be with and I would rather I get offered of a place with a company I know something about than one that is more of a shot in the dark.

If it is OOCL you really want to work for, try and see if you can go direct to them? not sure if that would work, but if not even talking to SSTG about the situation would be good, pretty sure out of the 5,000 applicants+ they get annually they get messed around by more than one person, especially if it is an event you had no control over, they are understanding.

Comment

Only company's left for me (deck) was Boston Putford and I'm not sure if there are any spaces left for even them, the other option I was offered was their charity but it didn't seem to good!

Comment

When I was contacted by SSTG I was told it would be North Star Shipping I would have been going to.

Comment

Honestly, I really wouldn't confine yourself to one company based on what you've heard from a few others. Competition now is so fierce that you really can't afford to be too picky.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Iv been offered Boston and accepted but Iv still recently sent applications to other company's to keep my options open

Comment

Originally posted by jonnylambert View Post
              Iv been offered Boston and accepted but Iv still recently sent applications to other company's to keep my options open
              boston have already got back to you, i have to wait another couple more days to hear if im in

Comment

Well sstg offered me Boston and I accepted so I'm guessing that means I'm in

Comment

Originally posted by jonnylambert View Post
                  Well sstg offered me Boston and I accepted so I'm guessing that means I'm in
                  well anyway congrats about getting in

Comment

Thanks all the best to you

Comment

Working...
                    X