Car insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car insurance

Is there anywhere that will take into account your not being able to drive the thing for 6-8 months of the year when applying for car insurance? Being male and young I need all the help I can get to keep the premiums down...

Re: Car insurance

ring a broker in your local town or ring direct line up directly and try get a 3 months of insurance.
    Maybe I will never be
    All the things that I want to be
    But now is not the time to cry
    Now's the time to find out why

Comment

yeah best paying it month by month and then cancelling (check there are no penalties involved though)
      or pay the whole year insurance and put your family on it aswell and ask them to contribute, it adds a year onto your no claims which will be a bonus.

Comment

How about any of these pay as you drive schemes like https://www.coverbox.co.uk ?

Comment

a friend of mine had some weird insurance were he could not drive his car between 11 pm and 6am . which was abit crap
          Maybe I will never be

Comment

Well that one above I had a wee looksie at and it said you get charged more after 11pm on like a friday and saturday night... (Just because im a new driver and they think I will drink and drive...)

Comment

everyone does drive over the limit at some point!

Yea tbh its worth paying the year to get the extra years NCD.. Im trying to get my first one under me. only 4more months!!! pesky uninsured drivers stay away from me!!
              I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.

Comment

car insurance can be paused rather than cancelled
                Forum Admin

Comment

you need to insure it even if your car is parked on the drive, what is some bugger sets it on fire or it gets stolen....

Comment

Originally posted by greeny8898
                    you need to insure it even if your car is parked on the drive, what is some bugger sets it on fire or it gets stolen....
                    I wouldnt agree with this word. There is NO "need" to do so. The point you make afterwards is of course true, but there is no requirement to insure a car if you are not using it.
                    Forum Admin

Comment

you can put your insurance down to just 'fire & theft'. you cannot drive it but it will be insured if something happened and doesn't cost much at all, then when your back you can just put it back to fully comp or third party

Comment

fire and theft do you mean 3rd party Fire and theft which you can drive on !
                        Maybe I will never be

Comment

Originally posted by Beef1992
                          fire and theft do you mean 3rd party Fire and theft which you can drive on !
                          no, no 3rd party just the fire and theft, hence you can't drive it, it just covers it incase someone hits it or steals it or something while your away. for me its just ?150

Comment

Working...
                          X