Maersk Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk Interview

Just got an email from Maersk confirming ive got an interview and problem solving test for engine cadet. I was wondering if anyone got any tips on what to expect?
    Cheers.

Congratulations! I am going too but for a deck cadetship.

Hope the problem solving test isn't too difficult, not my strongest area in maths at school but the online test was fine. I expect the interview to be quite formal with serious questions but I'm not too sure what to expect either
    Good Luck!

Comment

it may not be much help but I wrote about my interview in my blog, it might help give you a feel for what happened to me and good luck

http://www.stronglead.blogspot.com/2...-all-that.html
      Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
      Adapt and over come
      Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

I am going to the interview to Deck !
        So i guess we have no maths test or english ????

Comment

Yeah I saw the online maths test alright aswell. Thanks, and good luck to you too strasjack95.

Thanks stronglead, given me an idea of how it will be! Do you know where I could watch the companys video online? Just hope it's the same video this year.

mikeodude - in the email it says 'timed problem solving paper' so im not sure if thats the maths and english test or not. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck folks!
            Yer that company video would be useful ! thanks

Comment

the problem solving everyone sits not just engine and youtube folks youtube
              Last edited by stronglead; 2 February 2012, 07:53 PM. Reason: Rubbish spelling
              Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
              Adapt and over come
              Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

I didn't hear back from Maersk yet, though I didn't do the tests straight away so maybe they're still going through them

Comment

applied for my engineering cadetship for Maersk scored 55% 88% and 86% on my 3 Maths tests don't no if that is a pass. Haven't heard back n everyone else seems to have got there emails so I must have failed but if it's not a fail. Still got Clyde marine offer still there !

Comment

Yeah I applied for deck and haven't heard anything back. I scored 100%, 89% and 93% in the maths tests so I'd hope that would be enough, I revised like crazy for that mind. There were a couple of things I now wish I'd ticked in the PI test but hey ho, not much I can do about it now other than wait. I have an interview with Clyde on Monday so I can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by ramfeild66 View Post
                      Yeah I applied for deck and haven't heard anything back. I scored 100%, 89% and 93% in the maths tests so I'd hope that would be enough, I revised like crazy for that mind. There were a couple of things I now wish I'd ticked in the PI test but hey ho, not much I can do about it now other than wait. I have an interview with Clyde on Monday so I can't complain.
                      Hey Ramfeild,
                      Did Clyde just send you out a letter asking you to come for an interview? I have received a very brief letter from them basically saying they will send me another letter regarding an interview but have heard nothing since.

Comment

Mmmm. Not quite sure what to think here. No email for me. Completed that PI and Maths quiz and got 100% in all 3 of the maths.

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner Bender View Post
                          Mmmm. Not quite sure what to think here. No email for me. Completed that PI and Maths quiz and got 100% in all 3 of the maths.
                          Same here mate..hopefully they will be having a number of interview days and we're just at the back of the queue?

Comment

Originally posted by reusch View Post
                            Same here mate..hopefully they will be having a number of interview days and we're just at the back of the queue?
                            Maybe they are calling the people nearest to Newcastle 1st. They did say interviews will be held around the country. Well done on the results reusch.

Comment

Clyde interviewers roam around the country doing their interviews. They will get back to you eventually, just be patient!
                              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
                              X