Maersk Maths Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk Maths Test

Does anyone know if you can use a calculator during the Mearsk maths test???

Not completely sure with Engines but I know my girlfriend who is a deckie with Maersk wasn't allowed to.

Comment

all cadets take same test, so no, not that you need it anyway
      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
      Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
      No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
        all cadets take same test, so no, not that you need it anyway
        If it?s similar to the Royal Navy Psychometric Test (which is, allegedly, one of the hardest recruitment tests to pass) then it will be pretty straightforward. Basic GCSE Mathematics; long division, multiplication, subtraction, decimal places and percentages.

They also had a 'Mechanical Aptitude' section which involved rotating shapes to match symbols. I revised for that using the Navy's practice test and passed the actual test with flying colours even though I only have a C in GCSE Maths.

Shame about the two year wait though

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys

Comment

The tests have arrived this afternoon! Recieved two emails with links to online testing sites.

Too all applying to Maersk this year; good luck!

Comment

Hi all,

Quick note. I'm sure nobody would but can we make sure that the actual content of the tests is not posted, in keeping with the rules of the forum.

Nobody's done it and I'm not saying anyone will, but just want to make sure.

CD
              sigpic
              Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I received my tests yesterday by email, quite excited to see one of my applications actually go somewhere now! Good luck my fellow Maersk hopefuls!
                "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

I just completed the Maths and PI tests, I assume the PI test goes straight to Maersk as I have received no email, but do I email Maersk my Maths certificates?

Comment

Originally posted by ramfeild66 View Post
                    I just completed the Maths and PI tests, I assume the PI test goes straight to Maersk as I have received no email, but do I email Maersk my Maths certificates?
                    When I spoke to Maersk they said the results go straight to them and they said nothing about emailing the certificates. The certificates are quite generic and don't even say on them which test they were for as far as I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by danking View Post
                      When I spoke to Maersk they said the results go straight to them and they said nothing about emailing the certificates. The certificates are quite generic and don't even say on them which test they were for as far as I could see.
                      It actually says, hidden right at the bottom of the original pdf, that the results will be reported back to Maersk. Just as well I read back through the small print!

Comment

Working...
                      X