Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems on Maersk website

Hi,
    I have been lurking on here for a little bit now, what a great source of information it is. Thanks in advance to everyone, I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions over the next year or so.

Anyway, just filled in my application on the Maersk website www.seacareers.co.uk but am having problems submitting it. The rest of the site isn't working for me either and I don't want to risk losing all that I have typed out.

Just wondered if anyone can see the site ok and use the links alright or if its just me? I dont have another computer/internet to compare with at the moment.

Thanks again,

Dan.

ahhh ermmm the might pointy star has some funny ideas sometimes...so you had best be using IE and not FireFox...dont ask why even I cant get a sensible answer about it ....though failing that, e-mail the cv / cover letter to them, that normally works fine.....
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Thanks for the reply Chiefy,

I've tried using Chrome and Safari with no luck so i'm going down the cover letter/cv route.
      Thanks,
      Dan.

Comment

I submitted an application to Maersk a couple of nights ago and everything worked fine. I was using Chrome so I don't know what could be wrong.

Comment

Hello danking,

Have you tried phoning the helpline the website suggests? Sending a paper copy isn't a bad idea, although I beleive Maersk are currently processing applications for the September intake, with today (06/01) being the deadline.

Comment

I think I know what might of happened. I have just woke up (sat morning) and tried to submit the form again with no luck. I opened another window to open the site from the beginning and the website has completely changed since yesterday. They must of been doing maintenance/changing their site overnight UK time. Never mind its gone now which is all good.
            It was doing my head in yesterday though!

Thanks again,
            Dan.

Comment

ahhh they've had the internet fairys in have they Oh well theres no way you can ever account for that happening
              Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
              Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
              No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Well, it must of made it through in the end. Received an email this morning, they are sending me the Maths and Personality tests.

Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by danking View Post
                  Well, it must of made it through in the end. Received an email this morning, they are sending me the Maths and Personality tests.

Dan.
                  Me too Good luck with yours!

Comment

Also waiting for Maersk to send out the Maths and Personality tests. I see there website says that they are hoping to interview candidates between February and April.

I was wondering if any other applicants out there had heard anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mason View Post
                      Also waiting for Maersk to send out the Maths and Personality tests. I see there website says that they are hoping to interview candidates between February and April.

I was wondering if any other applicants out there had heard anything yet?

They've semt nothing to me yet, I might consider ringing them to get a definate answer rather than just waiting in limbo for a few months, its getting difficult to plan stuff in the short term not knowing what im doing in September.
                      "Crazy like wild wolves threatened by fire, send them all to the bottom of the sea."

Comment

Too right mate, was thinking about dropping them an email. Might wait on one more week and see what happens...

Comment

Has anyone actually been sent these personality tests/ a link to them yet?

Comment

Nothing via email yet. I havent checked the proper post for a while but would imagine they would contact by email??

Comment

Yeah I got the idea it would be email. Just seemed like it was all go with them one minute and then nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X