U.S. Visa "Worries"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U.S. Visa "Worries"

I need to get my passport renewed when I go back to Ireland for two weeks early June, to avoid the months long wait for the embassy to do it, then I'm hoping Carnival will get my employment letter done so I can get the US visa experience over with.
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

They should send you a letter that posts you to a ship operating in the US since this is a transit visa.

To boldly go.....
      Forum Administrator
      OfficerCadet.com

Comment

I have been trying to book an appointment for two weeks only to be told to ring back on the 4th of July (Today).

The lines open at 9am and close at 8pm.

I tried to get through all day today and the closest I got was being put on hold for 18 minuites.

Couple that with around 30 phone calls trying to actually speak to someone. And at ?1.20 per minuite it adds up......Im no further forward.

Bloody ridiculous

Comment

shifty,
          I wouldn't expect anything less, you'd maybe even think they were going out of their way to dissuade you from going to their country.
          Fear not, you're not the first to be given the run around and you won't be the last!
          (mutter) Bloody upstart colonials... (mutter mutter)

Comment

It's a right fanny on getting a US visa, the form is one heck of a length to complete, SSTG made me and my travelling companion book all of our own travels! It was re-imbursed though, Jo Carroll is useless at times! But expect a long wait inside there, took me 6 hours from getting in to leaving with a large grin on my face!
            Life at sea is a life for me

Comment

Well I eventually got sorted after 4 days of constantly ringing the appointment line.

Now I am free to go to Spain on friday and possibley have a pint or two watching the World Cup.....NICE

Comment

Has anyone filled in the latest US Visa Application? The one that asks if you're a member of a clan or tribe or something aha.
                "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

I'm still not sure at which point we have to get the US Visa, lol. Can I do it off my own bat rather than once I start?

It seems like it a right load of hassle to get one though! It seems silly that I got China and Viet Nam ones without any bother at all really but the US sounds like a pain to get.

Comment

Yeah its a pain.

I got Thai and Omani visas without interview but the Americains are self important so thats why we have to jump through lots of needless hoops to get our Visas.

As long as you sort it before your 2nd phase or first Sea voyage you will be Ok.

They also ask if your going to commit Genocide on the form....Priceless

Comment

I have a freind who was declined due to drug related offences ( posession of canibis).

Comment

Originally posted by shifty
                        They also ask if your going to commit Genocide on the form....Priceless
                        The person who wrote the form should be shot. Or at the very least taught some common sense.

Comment

You see they've got that covered, they ask if you plan to commit buerocratocide.
                          sigpic
                          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Shooting them indeed?
                            I think Andy has just failed in his visa application, the US are everywhere you know....

Comment

I'll expect the FBI in the morning.

Comment

Hi
                                Has anyone been to the embasy to get a US visa recently?
                                My appointment is next week and i may have a slight problem with it.
                                i know that they want to scan your finger prints but i recently broke my wrist and have in in a cast so cant move my fingers and thumb properly. do they scan your whole hand at once or one finger at a time?
                                I know this might sound like a weird question but cheers anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X