Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women' shoes for college

Hi all

Not sure if this is in the right section.

I am starting Warsash at the end of January, and i was wondering if there is any gudiance on which types of shoes female cadets can wear to college as the joining instructions just state black uniform shoes.

Many Thanks in advance

Tribemad

I wouldn't recommend high heels, but as long as they're not too trashy I reckon you can get away with some heel. However, if you're going to be taking them on ship with you I would definitley get something flat, or with at most a very small wedge heel (my shoes had about an inch wedge) something with good support and good grip basically as you will be wearing them all day, every day!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I've seen a range of womens' footwear at Warsash, from plain flat shoes to stilleto heels! Whatever you're comfortable in is best really, as long as you have safety shoes/boots for your short courses and practical shoes for your seatime.
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

I agree with Size4riggerboots - I've just finished my first phase at Warsash and saw some with flats and others with a little heel, nothing to mad. I would advice getting flats as you may want to wear the shoes when on board your ship and heels will not work well for you I'm positive! You can always just phone up Warsash and ask on there clothing restrictions.

H

Comment

So thats a no to see through stripper heels then?
          I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
          X