X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you mean other than being able to tell the time without the aid of a watch

Never Ever miss a smoko....'tis the law tha knows
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

At Fleetwood we didn't do all the OOW stuff in phase 1. We did stability through phase 3 and cel nav right at the end of phase 3, it depends on which college you go to!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I think thats something they've really fallen down on with the FD, they could so easily do the same with that course and give the cadets the six weeks initial basic training and send them off to sea and then continue the FD on their return. Firstly it stops you wasting peoples time, you know pretty quickly if you like to be at sea or not, you haven't wasted loads of time at college and company money, whilst also allowing you to work out what a ship looks like and have a feel for being at sea to build on during the subsequent college phases.

Comment

Anyway, FD, HND, HNC, NVQ, SQA, BSc, it's all designed to maximise government funding, part of the reason why the HND is going out and the FD is coming in. The content remains fairly similiar.

Comment

Yep, it's the ticket that counts!!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Working...
            X