X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penfold
    replied
    Re: Internet Access on deep sea vessels

Bah! Email; Zebedee Inc's ships have it, but most of the time it didn't work due to the steampowered PC throwing a rod! Half the time the bloody satphone didn't work either, and when it did it cut you off at random intervals. Given the number of digits you are required to type to get logged into your account and dial the number, having to do it 6-7 times got a bit wearing...

Leave a comment:

• kayak
    replied

Crikey who put all these obscene smileys on here!

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied

C'mon then clever clogs....

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

Originally posted by bigjohn92
    not at all .the point i was trying to get across was that, a man being on a ship for a long time with women maybe harder
    :6:

i think you would treat a lady you work with as one of the boys
    err..

. as there realitonship would be one of love rather than having a working friendships and comoardery
    **** dat **** y'all!... evry sailor needs to grab some booty!

Originally posted by size4riggerboots
    I can't do something because I'm a girl
    I've got a list here, you want me to read it out?!

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied

I see your point, though I don't agree that having other women around would make a man miss a partner more, there may be more temptation, but if you're in a loving relationship you ought to be able to keep your willy in your pants!

As for treating a lady as one of the boys, abso-frikkin-loutely!! Any idiot who tries to tell me I can't do something because I'm a girl and it's not appropriate get short sharp shrift I can tell you! I expect to be treated as an equal, yes siree!

Married couples should keep it behind closed doors, PDAs are not appreciated! (True love should be based on friendship and cameraderie, if it's gonna last)

CD- I intend to have a boy or two in every port!!!!

Leave a comment:

• CharlieDelta
    replied

The old MN stereotypes would suggest that you either arrange a girl in every port or blur the boundaries of sexual orientation.

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

not at all .the point i was trying to get across was that, a man being on a ship for a long time with women maybe harder as they would miss there partner more. but i do also believe that women on a ship working is a good idea as it provides mix soical time. i think you would treat a lady you work with as one of the boys (if you catch my drift) military friends of mine have pointed this out before that you usally dont notice it is a women. but if it was someones wife it would be a different scenario as there attitude to each other would be different. if you can understand my point (its not very well put across no offence meant by this either) . as there realitonship would be one of love rather than having a working friendships and comoardery

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied

well iam not married . iam only 17 atm
    ( 18 very soon) i just thought like the army have a no touching rule as it could be difficult for others around and also jealousy. i bet being on a ship for a long time would make you very desperate
    Do you find it that difficult to keep your hands to yourself on land???? Us ladies tend to take a dim view of those who think they can grab without an invitation!!!

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy
    replied

Originally posted by scotty
    You missed the one for sleeping

Leave a comment:

• dawg
    replied

:78: :100: :74:
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=db4J ... &q&f=false

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy
    replied

ok cheers for the info. atleast you can tell people back home whats going on. hmm well iam not married . iam only 17 atm
    ( 18 very soon) i just thought like the army have a no touching rule as it could be difficult for others around and also jealousy. i bet being on a ship for a long time would make you very desperate
    Ah I see where you are comming from now, hmmmmmmm well I guess that sort of thing could happen, but at the end of the day thats for the people concerned to worry about, mostly though wives and husbands are just that and the exclusivity is also just that, I have heard horror stories of it going "wrong" but mostly no more so than in any other situation, and if anyone tries to force themselves upon anyone else then the same rules apply as here at home and arse kickings will be liberally applied too

Leave a comment:

• Beef1992
    replied

ok cheers for the info. atleast you can tell people back home whats going on. hmm well iam not married . iam only 17 atm

Leave a comment:

• Chiefy
    replied

so whats the company email like. could you use it once a day or more once a week . he may have been ashore when he updated his status ? Wifes on Ships does that not cause problems like arguments at sea ? not a good enviroment as there is no where to hide.
    Not sure why having wifey with you would increase or decrease the amount of arguments It is nice to have the other half with you and that goes for the ladies too, they can bring husbands (we are quite modern dontchaknow) and it can show how we live, and maybe go some way to explain why we (seafarers) are a bit odd.......

As for email..... as far as the empire are concerned, as much as you can type, no attachments, no html mail, and the "box" is opened as often as the captain feels like, usually 4-6 times a day unless the engineers have broke something and there are mails flying about for repairs etc.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied

Originally posted by Malim Sahib
    They simply aren't aware that of the workings of a ship at sea, where the Old Man/Chief has much better things to do than stare at the computer all day reading/writing emails.
    I was beginning to think that you had sailed with the RFA in the past, but now I know that you haven't.

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied

Thin Ice Kayak......

Saying that I do love cooking and miss not being able to make my own meals at sea!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X