Maersk Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maersk Application

I'm going to post an application to Maersk (as I don't really believe in online applications), and need a little help regarding my cover letter...

Who do I address the letter to? (I guessed just 'Training Officer'?)

Which address do I send it to? (their Newcastle address is on the online application form...)

Do I call them 'Maersk' or 'A.P. Moller - Maersk'?
    "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

It is to "Sir/Madam", no idea about the others, sorry!

Comment

I addressed mine 'dear sir/madame' Also I addressed them Maersk.

If you send it to the Newcastle office they will get it no problem :thumbs:

Comment

Sorry, didn't really make it clear, I mean like on the envelope, I can't just send it to 'Maersk', do I send it to 'Training Officer' or 'Recruitment' or what... Oh I didn't realise they had a Glasgow address!
        "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Ah, by Glasgow I actually meant Newcastle

Yeah, training officer or Maersk Crewing would be ideal. There is a team of a few people who deal with recruitment there, three HR officers in paticular.

Comment

Ahhh, awesome (: think this is more of a back up application anyway, hoping my Jo Tankers or Anglo-Eastern ones are successful.

Comment

Cadet Recruitment
              Maersk Crewing (Newcastle)
              Stockbridge House
              N/Castle
              etc
              Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
              Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
              No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Cheers Chiefy (:

Comment

You don't wanna know how many applications they are holding for the next intake though
                  Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                  Adapt and over come
                  Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Why don't you believe in online applications? I've been offered 4 interviews for cadetships all from online applications.

Comment

They may prefer the online sign-up or application form.

Knowing how some companies like to link everything together it may be used so that you are automatically entered into their system and saves them the time of doing it etc..
                      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Just a note, I'd put madam and not Madame, as a Madame is a French lady who runs a brothel

Comment

I'm surprised it hasn't just gone totally net based applications now with how much we used the internet, if we didn't have the net you would feel cut off I think haha
                          Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                          Adapt and over come
                          Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Personally I sent in an innitial application by post and email, everything was dealt with online after that.

Comment

When I applied in 2009, I sent my applications in the post, and most companies replied to me within the first 2 weeks, then Trinity House either called or emailed. Clyde Marine still sent me letters, no phonecalls or emails. The only online application I've ever heard back from was Shell, saying they had no vacancies :s I just prefer doing it old school and sending a cover letter and CV rather than an online application form.

Comment

Working...
                              X