X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day at City of Glasgow College

Hello Folks,

Newbie here.

I start the Engineering course this coming Monday (22nd August) in Glasgow and was wondering exactly what I will need for college.

Equipment, books, pads etc

Also I have heard conflicting stories about uniform. Some people say you buy all of it, others say CMT supply it, others say it's kinda half in half. Also, can I sew my CMT badge onto a normal suit as it states it has to be attached to a blazer. I know these may seem like silly questions but the info sent to me is quite vague and I would rather ask a silly question on here, than ramble down the telephone to my Training Officer.

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated!

CamShaft

CMT don't supply college uniform. At most it will be blazer badge and tie. They will provide you with some safety gear the first few days in, but that will be a boiler suit and boots only. They will provide sea-going uniform just before you finish first phase (you won't need it before then and it saves them money not having to supply uniform to those who drop out in first phase).

Basically, white shirt, tie, blazer, black shoes and black trousers and your set. Tie (if not company) should be black.

Take a pad, pen and calculator with you. That's all you're going to need the first day.
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Cheers GuinessMan,

Looks like I am good to go then!

Comment

Not a problem. Good luck with first phase. Let us know how you get on...
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
        X