Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Seaman's Card Fee

Hi there!

Just filling out the application form for a discharge book and am applying for a BSC at the same time. Only problem being I
    have no idea how much MCA are charging for one!

Does anyone have any idea how much they are??

Cheers!

MCA don't issue them. They're issued by the Registry of Shipping which falls under Department of Transport.

I think google might be your best bet here...
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Cheers!

Still no luck...I'll contact Carnival and ask!
      Thanks though

Comment

As far as I'm aware the Seaman's Card is near enough obsolete - I'd save your money to be honest. I'm not even sure Carnival will pay for more than just the discharge book.
        sigpic
        Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Me and another cadet got issued seamans cards this year and we are with the same company, no other cadets got issued them though.

Comment

Seaman's cards are not required any more - the discharge book is all you require.
            ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
            myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

So why are they not needed any more?

Comment

Mainly cos no one accepts them, they used to be used in Liue of a Passport, but dont meet the requirements.

We may all need new Seamans Cards once MLC2006 comes fully into force and everyone decides on a standard for the data and card type, but thats down the line a bit still.
                Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I thought it was funny that all the countries like the Philipines, India, Indonesia and even Singapore have ratified the MLC2006, yet we haven't...

Comment

cos UK isnt a seafaring nation anymore, therefore waaaaay down the list of things to do
                    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

+ I have enough bloody ID cards and documents to carry around with me without adding more to the list! Yet another stupid idea just like the national ID cards
                      ?Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn?t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.?

? Mark Twain
                      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
                        cos UK isnt a seafaring nation anymore, therefore waaaaay down the list of things to do
                        Just had a look on the web Switzerland have ratified and they'd hardly be what I call a sea fairing nation.

Comment

I don't think the National ID card is all that bad (granted I have spent the last 10 years or so carrying around different countries ID cards, I swear some of these places have more pictures of me than my grandmother...).

If the Government could do it WITHOUT losing my details (again), then I'd happily go along and get one...

Comment

I have a Seaman's Card, still don't know what it's used for...
                            "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Working...
                            X