RFA AIB Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFA AIB Questions

Hi Guys, Brand new to the forum and looking for some info on the RFA.I have my AIB in September and was wondering if there are many RFA specific aspects of the assessment that I should know about? Also, if I was to be successful Do you get a choice of which colleges you can attend? I was hoping Glasgow would be an option but have heard that Merchant Navy employers like to send cadets away from home to get used to being at sea?Any info would be greatly appreciated!Thanks guys.

RFA seem to use Fleetwood for Deck and Warsash for Engine.

Can't help AIB-wise, though we have a few RFA guys about and they should hopefully be able to assist.

Welcome!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Originally posted by Darnscotty View Post
      Hi Guys, Brand new to the forum and looking for some info on the RFA.I have my AIB in September and was wondering if there are many RFA specific aspects of the assessment that I should know about?
      There is nothing specific to the RFA, the first question set is normally about either the Marines or the Fleet Air Arm, do not worry it is worth 1% of the final grading.

They will provide you with sample documents for the types of scenarios that you are likely to face in the planning exercises. And the PLTs (Practical Leadership Tasks) seem fairly impossible to fail, although ensure you are clear and concise when issuing orders.

Originally posted by Darnscotty View Post
      Also, if I was to be successful Do you get a choice of which colleges you can attend? I was hoping Glasgow would be an option but have heard that Merchant Navy employers like to send cadets away from home to get used to being at sea?Any info would be greatly appreciated!Thanks guys.
      The RFA does not send away from home, they do however, as CD has said send Deck cadets to Fleetwood and Engineers to Warsash. I believe a possible change may occur in the future with both Deck and Engineers going to Fleetwood and an introduction of Systems Engineer cadets going to South Tyneside.
      Forum Admin

Comment

Working...
      X