X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonswind93
    replied
    Hi Ian

I found your information on interview tips really helpful. I have an interview with Clyde Marine coming up, any chance I could have a look at possible interview questions and answers you used to coach aspiring deck cadets with?? Would be a great help!

kind regards, Jon

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewM View Post
    Yes I did actually but I am looking for people with experience with different companies thought that might help ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got email today with sponsorship offer!!

Leave a comment:

• Inland Pirate
    replied
    I asked at an interview if there was any companies that would be recommended. The interviewer pointed out that he didn't even know what I liked on my sandwiches. Different things suit different people!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• andrewM
    replied
    Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
    While there's every chance they'll ignore your choices anyway - should you really be asking random people on the internet "which company you should pick"? Surely you read all about them prior to the interview?
    Yes I did actually but I am looking for people with experience with different companies thought that might help ?

Leave a comment:

• andrewM
    replied
    Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    Thats great well done!

Was it Glasgow your interview was in?
    Yeah mate

Leave a comment:

• alistairuk
    replied
    Just need to pick my top 3 companies now anyone any ideas for a deck cadet ?
    While there's every chance they'll ignore your choices anyway - should you really be asking random people on the internet "which company you should pick"? Surely you read all about them prior to the interview?

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Yeah got an offer mate cheers for asking, they replied the next day on the Friday haha I couldn't believe it. I now have my medical this Friday hoping all goes well with that.

Thats great well done!

Was it Glasgow your interview was in?

Leave a comment:

• andrewM
    replied
    Just need to pick my top 3 companies now anyone any ideas for a deck cadet ?

Leave a comment:

• andrewM
    replied
    Yeah got an offer mate cheers for asking, they replied the next day on the Friday haha I couldn't believe it. I now have my medical this Friday hoping all goes well with that.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Any specific tips or hints for CMT I have an interview on Thursday so was looking for any up do date news on what there looking/what I should know
    Also they have sent me out some stuff to learn on different vessels but don't know which ones there most likely to ask there is about 7 different types :/?
    Thanks any help appreciated

How did your interview go?

Leave a comment:

• Megrow98
    replied
    Hi! All the information on this thread is extremely helpful!
    I have an interview next week with Carnival UK providing I get past the tests, and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips to help me with the interview. Any information would be great! Thanks☺️

Leave a comment:

• Dave_duck
    replied
    I have an interview with clyde marine this week and was just wondering of anyone could give me ideas of questions I could ask them? Everything else with the interview I am very confident I can answer but could do with a few more questions I could ask them? Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Okay thanks mate any good ideas for question I realise questions are specific to each person haha but any interesting ones that are good general questions to ask

I asked about college accommodation and parking if you decide to drive up and down every day as I live near and also questions about what happens on your first sea trip, try ask questions that are thought out and like a year down the line at college and stuff just to show you've researched it and understand what your taking on because the interviewer will most likely be able to see if you are actually suited and a potential cadet by the way you come across to them in the interview, your online application was good enough but now its just selling yourself to them and getting the points to hopefully get through

Leave a comment:

• andrewM
    replied
    Yeah I will keep you updated mate good luck!

Leave a comment:

• BoroBoy
    replied
    Well done for getting an interview with CMT, I'm still waiting!! I have had an email with an attached letter explaining that my application is being processed and that they will be in touch in due course about interview. I'm not sure if that Letter even means I'll be lucky enough to get one? I'll be looking on here after Thursday to see how it went for you- and to quiz you about the questions!! Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X