Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best times to apply for September or January intakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best times to apply for September or January intakes?

Im retaking my GCSE's this coming September year, and I'm planning to apply for different cadetship programmes, (Clyde marine, carnival, maersk, princess ect), and I was just wondering what time is it best to apply for September and January intakes? Thanks :-)

September intake: stick in an application the previous october time
    January: apply about july/ august
    "We're not pirates, We're preemptive nautical salvage experts"

Comment

If you're looking at September 2012, it would be worth applying as soon as possible for those companies that take applications year-round (Carnival, Princess etc...). For the others, keep an eye on their websites to see when applications open, though there's nothing wrong with posting a covering letter and CV expressing interest.
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Okay thanks guys,What should I put in my covering letter? (I'm not asking people to do it for me haha, just wondering what things I should put in there :-) ? Thanks again

Comment

Make it less than one page, a quick run-down of who you are, your education, experience, achievements and why you want to work for them.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Ah I see, thanks a lot! :-)

Comment

For your covering letter it should be a few small paragraphs explaining who you are and what you currently do, what you offer and why you would be a good fit for the company.

CV put in a small personal statement, your qualifications, your work history, any other achievements then finish off with your references.

Covering Letter should be 1 page, CV no more than 2 or it won't be properly read.

Comment

Working...
              X