Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Applications

Hi all,

I applied to BP the other day and have already been rejecting for not having the "essential and required qualifications"...

They offer the HND, which can be accessed if you have GCSEs; which I have all at high grade passes...

Why do they have such a crappy application process? Are they looking for post-grads or something..?

It's just BP I got rejected for not having necessary qualifications and I have highers and a honours degree, so you're not alone in the weird rejection.

Comment

Ah, glad to know it's just a pathetic recruitment process! Thanks for making me feel like I'm not an idiot!

Comment

Maybe your application lacked something that they wanted. Don't be quick to judge someone's recruitment process...
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
          Maybe your application lacked something that they wanted. Don't be quick to judge someone's recruitment process...
          If that were true, they lied to me by saying "you do not have the essential qualifications for this position". Thus, their recruitment process is corrupt, and can be judged as poor either way.

Comment

It was an automatic kickback, there aren't any proper questions in the application.

Comment

I applied to BP back in march and a few days later i received the same e-mail. Then a few weeks ago after i had forgot i applied i received another email from them saying i had been shortlisted in the recruitment process. They give me another (more detailed) form to fill in which i have sent back and i havent heard back from them yet. I thought it was strange and i thought the application process was very bad.

Comment

I e-mailed them regarding results being fine for entry and they sent me the more detailed application too a few weeks back but didn't hear back.

Going with ClydeMarine anyway so it's all good.

Comment

I applied to BP for the september 2010 intake. I got through to the final interviews down at their headquaters in London but in the end I didn't get offered a place. I applied again for this september intake and like yourself was immediately rejected for not meeting requirements! I dont understand why it happened but I got a place with clyde marine so I didnt question them about it.

Comment

Does anyone know what a technical interview for bp will be like? what kind of questions could be asked etc? Ive applied for there engineering cadetship.

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
                      If that were true, they lied to me by saying "you do not have the essential qualifications for this position". Thus, their recruitment process is corrupt, and can be judged as poor either way.
                      They lied to you? Boo hoo, get used to it.

It's not always down to qualifications, recruiters look for more than that. They will have a specific profile for the cadet's that they want and if you don't fit that then they are not going to accept you and as such you do not have the qualifications for the position.
                      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
                        They lied to you? Boo hoo, get used to it.

It's not always down to qualifications, recruiters look for more than that. They will have a specific profile for the cadet's that they want and if you don't fit that then they are not going to accept you and as such you do not have the qualifications for the position.
                        Not really, I complained and they sent an email saying basically it was an automated response because the format I had wrote my qualifications in wasn't recognised by the computer because the form isn't engineered for the unique British education system.

Comment

Nice! We should make sure everyone else applying to BP knows this.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

I applied to BP and had no reply from them whatsoever, so I opted for Shell, and was told straight away they had no vacancies. So unlucky.
                            "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Digging up an old thread, does anyone have a phone number / a clue where I can find one so that I can get through to their Cadet department? Can't find anything on their website...

Comment

Working...
                              X