Computers in College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers in College

I'm starting in Sept at Fleetwood and i was wondering if it would be worth me getting myself a little netbook, I currently have a quad core laptop, but the battery on it lasts an hour if i'm lucky, are laptops taken to lessons, if so would it be worth getting a little netbook to type out notes? As this would hopefully last the whole day without needing to recharge it.

Cheers

Re: Computers in College

No one takes a computer to class, there's lots of diagrams and things to draw in most classes, and writing things down (with a pen on paper!) does actually help ingrain them more into your head. My notes tend to be fairly scrawly, but you can always re do them in the evenings if you wish. Lecturers don't tend to write on the boards, they make random marks that make sense at the time, but when you look at the board at the end of the lesson you'd have a hard time deciphering it. So make notes as you go!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

No laptops in lessons? My god, how archaic!!

Honestly though, I've been using mine a lot in College, it's just really handy. Guess I'll have to leave it in my room. Do they prefer reports/essays and whatnot written on computer or handwritten?

Comment

Typed up and presented in those plastic folder binder thingies, remember regular use of F7 which is not a feature the average pen has installed
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by D-Triv
          No laptops in lessons? My god, how archaic!!

Honestly though, I've been using mine a lot in College, it's just really handy. Guess I'll have to leave it in my room. Do they prefer reports/essays and whatnot written on computer or handwritten?
          Essays on computer are fine, in class you'd be expected to write down lots of calculations, draw diagrams and other bits and pieces. Using a laptop wouldn't be practical

To boldly go.....
          Forum Administrator
          OfficerCadet.com

Comment

Okay thanks for the replies, looks like what i've got will do fine

Comment

Working...
            X