Maersk uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maersk uniform

Received mine today, so excited about starting in September now! The shorts are.. erm... short, but everything else is a good fit. The waterproof jacket's pretty cool! Now I've got to get squares and protractors etc, anyone know roughly how much it's going to set me back for the stuff we need for September?

Comment

Nah velcro strip is for our rank strips when we're on board, I think they just mean sewn or marked in the collar thats what I'm doing anyway

Comment

to be honest dont often use them even on board...I have one somewhere which I wear when we have visitors and occasionally in port
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
        Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
        No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I didn't get the light bloe overalls it says they are still to come, though I have a funky sea cadet jacket with the same idea haha usually if you leave the jacket sitting the velcro strip has been put upside down haha
          Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
          Adapt and over come
          Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Yer didn't they say they were running low? even if u don't get sent them I was told they always have some for us on the ship

Comment

Light blue (uniform) BS's are only just coming back they where withdrawn last year for various reasons, so need to re-stock etc, but they'll turn up eventually
              Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
              Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
              No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I still haven't had my uniform
                And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

i love the uniform. but....
                  Has anybody had to return anything yet, or just know what we have to do? Seems like iv'e ordered too smaller size in the shorts (How short!) And the trousers
                  Flickr Twitter
                  No man would go to sea if skilled enough to get himslef into prison, for a jail has more room , more honest company , and you are somewhat less likley to drown ( Dr. Samuel Johnson)

Comment

Yep, I have had a few fitting problems.

The blazer arms came short, even with a tailor measuring me; I need an L not R
                    The Blue maersk overalls.. weird the short sleeve 92 fit perfect... the long sleeve 92 way too small.

So emailed Maersk and I've re ordered my blazer ( in the correct size) and also rang skanwear up about the overalls and ordered another short sleeve as they have no more long sleeve left in sizes above 92.
                    I'm to take the non fitting uniform with me to the induction day and hand it in.

Simple Really

Comment

At least i'm not the only one.

Originally posted by OceanPico

The Blue maersk overalls. Weird the short sleeve 92 fit perfect... the long sleeve 92 way too small.
                      i've got the same thing but with my shirts
                      Flickr Twitter
                      No man would go to sea if skilled enough to get himslef into prison, for a jail has more room , more honest company , and you are somewhat less likley to drown ( Dr. Samuel Johnson)

Comment

Havent actually tried the shorts.............. don't know if i really want to

all the rest fit and as a say didn't get the light blue overalls yet but blazer and shirts are a decent fit same with the trousers
                        Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                        Adapt and over come
                        Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Yer my long sleeved overalls r a bit short :S will probs just keep them though seeing as they're not too bad nd apparently Maersk r running low. Will we ever actually wear the shorts? they haven't given any white socks or shoes to go with them

Comment

Originally posted by perksy121
                            they haven't given any white socks or shoes to go with them
                            Lets hope they don't
                            All the more reason to not "have" to wear them then.

Comment

Another question... those who have recived you uniform... what colour are the buttons on oyour blazer? Just I got mine( although I've reordered the correct size now) and the button were/are black... I was sure they were meant to be gold. If you look at all maersk past cadets they had gold. And just to sort of prove the point, in my blazer inner pocket I found a packet of spare buttons... they were gold. I'm slightly confused anad just want to know if my jacket was clearly a mistake?? I do like to look neat in the uniform, gold buttons are the cherry on the cake.... they make it stand out

Comment

Mine r black too so probs not a mistake, haha yer gold would be nice although apparently we don't wear the blazer very often anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X