anyone with OOCL through SSTG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone with OOCL through SSTG?

am looking to find out what the sea phases have been like for deck officer cadets within OOCL. Also their experiences with the company

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Re: anyone with OOCL through SSTG?

One of the guys in my phase is with OOCL, he said they're good, language barrier can be a problem, but they're pretty professional, he flew to join his ship today in L.A., that's all I have to report on OOCL I am afraid, I'm sure they're as reputable as any tonnage tax company.
    Linkedin

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tlloyd1983
        One of the guys in my phase is with OOCL, he said they're good, language barrier can be a problem, but they're pretty professional, he flew to join his ship today in L.A., that's all I have to report on OOCL I am afraid, I'm sure they're as reputable as any tonnage tax company.

I know who this is OOCL cadet is , regarding oocl they are profesional and may I say they are not in it just for tax breaks they are offering all of jobs at the end of our cadetships .
        Maybe I will never be
        All the things that I want to be
        But now is not the time to cry
        Now's the time to find out why

Comment

thanks beef1992. Am looking forward to joining, am having my application sent to them tomorrow and will hopefully hear back in next couple of weeks. I can't wait,

Comment

Hey Timothy,

Provided my medical comes through okay, I'll be starting at Fleetwood in Sept under OOCL through SSTG as an Engine Cadet. I've certainly only heard good things about the company. They're one of the best regarded container companies out there and have won awards for their professionalism afaik. All I can say is I'm more than happy at the sound of being sponsored by them.

Comment

i'd be more than happy too, i really hope they accept my application. If i get in i'll either be studying in glasgow or newcastle. I might see you in phase 2 or 4 on one of their ships. Good luck with your course

Comment

I had a place with them for last September but due to unforeseen circumstances at home I had to decline the place sadly. I was going to apply again this year but when I was checking SSTG website for the email address I found out they are full already! Damn. So I will apply for next year instead. Having heard only good things about OOCL I will be applying specifically to them if they and SSTG will have me back.

Comment

you should phone steve, you might be able to get an application on their reserve list for next year. Plus a place might crop up for this september

Comment

good luck andy!

Comment

Working...
                    X