Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiltern Maritime September 2020 intake

Hello,

This is a message for all aspiring cadets considering applying for a cadetship in 2020.

Chiltern Maritime will be recruiting approximately 120 cadets for several different shipping companies and marine charities for the September 2020 intake.

We recruit and manage Deck, Engineer, and ETO cadets for the following shipping companies:

Teekay LNG

MSC Cruises

Fred Olsen Cruise Line

Holland America Line

Maersk Supply Service

Technip FMC

Zodiac Maritime

Condor Ferries

Most of these companies will go on to offer jobs to their cadets once they qualify.

There is no such thing as a guaranteed job, but there are plenty of employment opportunities for cadets who work hard and make a good impression with their individual sponsor.

We also recruit and manage Deck, Engineer, and ETO cadets for the following marine charities:

Trinity House

Maritime Educational Foundation

Maritime London

Conway Merchant Navy Trust

Sea phases will be on a variety of vessels which give the cadets experience and insight into different industries.

Industries which provide sea time to marine charity cadets include, cruise, tanker, research, superyachts, container/reefer, offshore, RORO, bulk, and tall ship.

Trinity House also have joint partnerships with Dohle yachts, Teekay LNG, and the Jubilee Sailing Trust.

Bursaries range between £700 and £800 per month depending on the sponsor.

Recruitment for each sponsor is different and can involve several stages of interview and assessment, so please be patient if you do apply.

Applications can be made online:

https://www.chilternmaritime.com/

Chiltern Maritime will be attending all UK maritime college careers open days throughout the year, so please come along and visit us if you can. The next college careers open day will take place at Fleetwood Nautical College on Saturday 18th January 2020.

Best regards,

Chiltern Maritime

Many thanks for the information, I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Kind Regards

Stephanie Queen

Comment

Hi,
      So if I apply to Chiltern and on your website specifically click Holland America Line as a sponsor would I only sail on their ships or would I still have to work on other ships too?

Many thanks

DG

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaGolf View Post
        Hi,
        So if I apply to Chiltern and on your website specifically click Holland America Line as a sponsor would I only sail on their ships or would I still have to work on other ships too?

Many thanks

DG
        You work for your sponsoring company

Comment

Good evening,
          After visiting the Fleetwood Nautical Campus open day in November 2019, I made an application for the September 2020 intake for Conway Maritime Trust through Chiltern . If my application is looked at by Chiltern will I only be considered for a Conway Maritime Trust Cadetship and should I apply again for the other companies on the website?
          Any help would be greatly appreciated,
          Arthur Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Moss View Post
            Good evening,
            After visiting the Fleetwood Nautical Campus open day in November 2019, I made an application for the September 2020 intake for Conway Maritime Trust through Chiltern . If my application is looked at by Chiltern will I only be considered for a Conway Maritime Trust Cadetship and should I apply again for the other companies on the website?
            Any help would be greatly appreciated,
            Arthur Moss
            Hi Arthur,

I can confirm we have your application on our system. You can log back in to your original application and inform us of any other sponsor you wish to be considered for.

Best regards,
            Chiltern Maritime

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaGolf View Post
              Hi,

Many thanks

DG
              Hi DG,

That's correct for that particular sponsor. You would train onboard their vessels only.
              Some of our other sponsors request you go on other types of vessels in order to gain different experience.

Best regards,
              Chiltern Maritime

Comment

How many places are there for Trinity House please?

Comment

Working...
                X