Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carnival assement day this week

Hi!

I have my carnival assessment day this week and was just wondering if there was anyone else going or if anyone has had theirs this year? Also which of the suggested hotels is the best to stay at in terms of convenience and is carnival house (where the interview is) easy to find etc!

Thaaaaaaanks! X

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Re: carnival assement day this week

The Etap , novotel and ibis are all next to each other in a courtyard style so it all depends on how much you want to pay . i went for the etap due to being on a budget very uncomfy bed so may be best giving it a miss .

Carnival house is a very short walk 5 -10 mins maximum its on the other side of the retail park on the corner of the main road big glass building good luck
    Maybe I will never be
    All the things that I want to be
    But now is not the time to cry
    Now's the time to find out why

Comment

Originally posted by Beef1992
      i went for the etap due to being on a budget very uncomfy bed so may be best giving it a miss

Carnival should have reimbursed your hotel costs. They certainly did for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef1992
        i went for the etap due to being on a budget very uncomfy bed so may be best giving it a miss .
        I stayed at Etap for the Warsash Open Day, bed was really comfy and staff was friendly. Probably differs from room to room then

Comment

Carnival House is really easy to find, its on the main ring road that goes past the docks, next to Ikea and West Quay Shopping centre. Huge Glass building, and the Carnival Logo on the front.

Comment

Thanks sooo much for all the info! Am just in the process of brushing up on the old maths for the test- Been a while since I've done it all! Ha!

Comment

Good luck francessss, I'm sure you'll do fine. Let us know how the day went

Comment

Hi there! I also have my Carnival assessment day this week!! On Thursday! Getting a little bit nervous now...how is the maths coming along?

Comment

Mines thursday toooo! Maths is not coming on so great! Ha! Do you know if the maths test is all calculator or will there be a non calc and a calc section!?

Comment

Brilliant!! What day are you travelling down?

I've no idea...I'm hoping its mostly calculator!! But I suspect there will be bits of both! What maths have you been revising?? I'm confused about whether its A-Level or GCSE...

Comment

Think I am going to go down wednesday night, what about you, and where are you staying if going the night before? I have been doing GCSE as apparently its just higher tier stuff!? I am hoping so- has been like 5 years since I did GCSE! Lol!

Comment

I'm going down Weds afternoon, I'm staying at the Etap I think!! How about you??

I know...my maths is so rusty, my brain doesn't work like that anymore! Haha!
                        Ye fingers crossed that it is only GCSE, my A-Level maths really is failing!

What else have you done for preparation?

Comment

I'm not sure where I am staying yet, I have family in the area so may just stay with them. Well honestly haven't done much else really, just handed my uni dissertation in so have been working on that for the most part! What about you? Am planning on doing maths maths maths as need to get through that to even get invited back in the afternoon for a face to face interview!!

Comment

Oh right! Sounds like you've been super busy then! What degree are you doing?
                            I've done some research on the company, and the cruise lines that make it up...a few numbers and destinations.
                            Do you know which maritime college you want to go to?
                            Good luck with the maths!

Comment

I am doing a degree in sports and materials, not really related to anything to do with a career at sea! Lol! I would like to go to warsash, but don't really mind, would love to go anywhere if it meant I could do it! Haha!! Where do you want to go? Also are you hoping for the september entry?

Comment

Working...
                              X