ENG1 Dental assesment - Braces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENG1 Dental assesment - Braces

Hi, I am an aspiring deck cadet and have an offer that is subject to me receiving my ENG1 medical certificate. Having been through the government documents I have had a look at the dental section and it appears that the criteria is rather vague regarding braces. I currently have braces and was wondering if any of you have experience of going the medical assessment whilst undergoing orthodontic treatment and if this would be a barrier for me.

kind regards!

No
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
    myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Yeah there were cadets with braces when I was at college so don't imagine it would be a problem.

Comment

awesome, that's one stress over

Comment

For your personal benefit just make sure you go to your orthodontist before each sea trip so he can tighten and tweak in the best way for whatever length of voyage you’re going to take. Would be a ****ter if you have to wear braces for 3 extra years because you never see the dentist

Comment

Yeah mate, they’re a pain as is! Luckily I should be able to get em off before the first sea phase so let’s hope

Comment

Working...
            X